A few weeks ago I was rear ended so the women's insurance company had to send an appraiser out to our house to look at my van. When the man rang our doorbell my guard dog went crazy as he always does when the door bell rings or he sees someone in our front yard. I quickly said "Killian come on outside" and let him out back. When I opened my front door I found the appraiser completely off my sidewalk and standing back in my front yard. He quickly tells me that he thought I was going to let the dog out the front door and asked what kind of dog we had, his guess was a Great Dane! Seriously, I guess I don't think anything of it because I know that he is basically just all bark. Now I would not put it past him to bite someone if they truly were trying to break into the house or harm me or one of the girls but a Great Dane, that's a little much.
Take a listen and tell me what your thoughts were before you saw this huge Great Dane of mine. Pay no attention to how I sound when I talk to him,
Mommy's and their dogs!
Where you right before you saw him???
There you go Killian is our 7 year old Great Dane, also known as a Yellow Lab, gotta love it. Here he is waiting patiently to play his favorite game, kick ball! Just don't come to our house when he isn't expecting you and you will be good friends!

I turned the volume up loud, and Dewey totally looked at the computer the whole time! He knows his friend's voice:) Killian is one of the sweetest dogs I know!
ReplyDeleteSince I am not an animal person, I would probably back away also. However, I agree with Carol, that Killian has the best personality for a dog.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering why you had a different car in your garage. I knew you wouldn't have sold your rockin' van! Were the girls in the car when you got rear ended?
ReplyDeletePeople always guess that I have big dogs...and are SHOCKED when the door opens and they seem two dachshunds and a cocker spaniel!!
ReplyDeleteKillian seems like such a good boy!
Oh, yay! I did guess a lab! But my sister-in-law has two, so I am familar with them.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your front door!! Seriously. {grin}
Killian and our Maddie would be great friends! She's not much of a guard dog, though. She might be able to jump and lick someone to death, though!
ReplyDeleteKillian and our Maddie would be great friends! She's not much of a guard dog, though. She might be able to jump and lick someone to death, though!
ReplyDelete