It has been one of those days where I wish I could just climb back in bed and pull the covers up over my head. One of those days where I am contemplating a drink and it is only 11am (just kidding of course)but may have one later tonight. One of those days where my head feels like it is going to split in two and all I want is for the girls to stop talking for 10 minutes okay maybe even 5 so I can gather my thoughts. Let me just walk you through part of my morning.
Everyone is up, fed and dressed and the girls are playing so nicely in Claire's room that I don't want to interrupt them, however, something is nagging me in the back of my mind that I better check because it is too quite. Sure enough I walk into Claire's room and it looks like a tornado has touched down. They have gotten not only a TON of Claire's toys, stuffed animals, blankets out and all over the floor but they have also gotten Paige's pillows, blankets, stuffed animals in there as well. I tell them (okay, let's get real here not so much tell, but yes I will admit it, yell) that they better picked it all up and put it away because we are leaving in 10 minutes to go to Walmart. The room was such a mess that Claire couldn't even find her other or as she says (and it drives me crazy)"nother" shoe. Finally we find the shoe and are out the door.
We arrive at Walmart, park the car and head in to Customer Service where I need to make a return. Well of course the line is forever long and Paige is going crazy tyring to climb up onto the stools to get to the computers where you can look for job openings, last thing I need is a trip to the ER right now. I decide I will make the return on the way out of the store so we head to get a cart. Of course the carts are on the other side of the store so I tell the girls to follow me. Claire does as ask without any whining where Paige is following behind me crying because I won't carry her. Cory and I are trying to break her of being carried so much, hello she is almost 2 1/2 the child needs to walk. When Claire was her age she was totally walking as I had Paige in the pumpkin seat to carry. Being in the mood that I was and feeling my head as it was pounding I didn't care that she was pitching a fit and just kept on walking saying "come on Paige, you can walk you don't need to be carried all the time". This some how made me feel better knowing that anyone who was around and listening/cared would know why she was crying and that it really wasn't that I was being a bad mom. Once we have a cart and start getting what we need I notice that Paige's nose is running, I check my pockets and purse for a tissue and of course no such luck. I wander over to the pharmacy to see if they have any tissues or towels that I could grab and again, nothing, so what do I do, yeap you guessed it take the inside of my coat (zip up fleece, work out top) and wipe it, I now have snot on my jacket but I just don't care. Finally we are finished and head to the check out where I get the girls out of the cart so I have room to put all the bags back in. I tell them that they can look but not to touch all the things they see in the check out aisle, can we say yeah right. Claire is picking up everything she can telling me "I want Santa to bring this for me and this too" and Paige is following suit. Again I am to the point of not really caring, I mean how much trouble can they get in when they are literally 2 feet away from me, that is when I hear the checker telling me that Paige just opened up the Carmex and is rubbing it all over her mouth, OKAY I guess we will buy that then too. I have paid for everything Carmex as well and head toward the door when I realize that Paige's nose is running again, however, this time we are right by the bathrooms, I tell the girls to stay with the cart and I will be right back. I run into the bathroom to get a paper towel and as I am coming back out I hear Claire telling Paige not to lick that. I look over and Paige is trying to get a drink from the water fountain, but thinks that the way to get water out is to lick it!!! I about died!!! I immediately start freaking out grabbing her and wiping her face trying to get any germs off that I can, meanwhile telling her that she can't do that because they have a TON of germs on them and she could get sick. By now my mind is racing with all the possibilities of sicknesses that she could get and it isn't helping my already splitting headache. On the way back out to the car I stopped to wait in line at Customer Service to return my Halloween lights that I didn't end up needing after all when it happened, everything came back into perspective. The women behind the counter starting talking to the girls saying how cute they were (of course I had to agree with her) and asking them what they are going to be for Halloween. Claire being the shy one immediately looks at the ground and does not answer where Paige speaks right up and says " I'm gonna be a Pumpkin", Claire then decides that if Paige can talk to her than so can she and tells the women that she is going to be Pocahontas. The lady was so sweet and talked to them a little about their picks and then asked Paige if we could make her into a pumpkin pie cover her in cool whip and eat her up. Paige just started laughing and told the women "nooo". The lady keep up with this idea for a few more minutes as she could see how funny Paige thought this was. Paige then got off the cart walked over to the counter and said to the women "I'll eat you up I love you so". Now any of you mommy's out there know that saying is from Where the Wild Things Are, I don't think this women knew that but the way Paige said it was so darn cute!! She said it a few more times and I could just feel my heart light up, my day was definitely on the rebound for getting better. Even though these children of mine drive me crazy and make me want a drink at 11am, they make me love and appreciate my time with them even more.
WHEW! I have definitely had "these days"! I cracked up at Paige licking the water fountain! AAAHHH!!! Hope you have some relaxing moments tonight! :)
ReplyDeleteAww, I've definitely had one of those days...
ReplyDeleteHope your day goes better today!! Did you get a soda yesterday to ease the "pain";) That always helps me! Oh yeah, and at least there was great tv on last night too.
ReplyDeleteHi, I just came across your blog and I wanted to share my site with you since you have such a cute little girl! :)
ReplyDeleteSugarandspice1.etsy.com
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com