Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesdays Tasties

I know that I missed Tuesdays Tasties last week so I hope this recipe will make up for it. I kid you not this is one of the BEST dessert ever!

Home-made Ice Cream Cake

What you need:

* 1 large can of Hershey's Syrup
* 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 24 crushed Oreo cookies
* 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream- softened
* 1 large tub cool whip

Let's Make it:

1. Take can of Hershey's Syrup, Condensed Milk and 1/2 cup butter, put into pot and bring to a boil on stove. Once it has come to a boil, turn it down to a simmer for 5 minutes. You will want to stir while it is simmering as to make sure it does not burn the mixture. After the 5 minutes take the pot off the heat and add 1 tsp vanilla, stir and then place the pot into the refrigerator to cool.

2. Crush 24 Oreo cookies and press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Then melt 1/4 cup butter and poor over the crushed Oreo's. Place pan into freezer for 30 minutes.

3. After 30 minutes take pan out of the freezer and spread 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla ice cream over top of Oreo's. Place pan back into the freezer for another 30 minutes.

4. Take the fudge mixture from the refrigerator and poor over mixture in the 9 x 13 inch pan. Then replace the 9 x 13 inch pan back into freezer for 30 minutes.

5. Finally, apply cool whip to the 9 x 13 pan in freezer and then put back into the freezer for 3-4 hours before serving. Make sure to put the left overs back in the freezer when finished as this will last for at least a week (if you haven't eaten it all by then).

This recipe is a little time consuming but I promise you it is the BEST dessert! If you have ever had a cake from Dairy Queen it is similar to their cakes, only in my opinion mine is even better. This is a rich dessert so I would serve small portions and let your guests ask for seconds. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! That sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it out.

    Thanks for sharing with TATT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that sounds good! Sounds low fat too :)

    ReplyDelete