Pie Crust Cinnamon Rolls
This is one of my hubby's favorite treats and now that it is getting colder out and the season is changing I find myself in the kitchen baking more. Just within the last week I have made 2 pumpkin pies and these yummy pie crust cinnamon rolls twice as well. What can I say my house smells delicious and my mouth loves the taste, however, my waistline is not going in the right direction, yikes!
What you need:
* 2 cups flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup milk
* Butter
* Cinnamon
* Sugar
* Waxed Paper
Let's Make it:
* Preheat oven to 475
* Pour all the ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl and mix it all together. I roll it into one big ball and then divide the ball in to two smaller individual balls.
* Roll one of the balls out between two pieces of waxed paper. If it feels a little dry you may need to add a little more oil.
* Take your butter/margarine and lightly spread it all over the top of the entire pie crust roll out.

* Sprinkle sugar all over the pie crust and make sure you use A LOT. I promise you can not use too much but, if you don't add enough the taste won't be there and all you will taste is pie crust.
* Do the same with the Cinnamon and again use A LOT. You want to cover the entire roll out and I go over it at least twice. I usually can not see this much sugar through the cinnamon, I realized after I baked this batch that I didn't use enough cinnamon.

* Starting at one side of the dough roll it up. This is a little tricky and I use the wax paper to help me so it doesn't stick to badly.

* Then take your roll and cut slices about one inch wide and place the rolls onto a non-greased cookie sheet.


* Bake in your preheated oven at 475 degrees for 5 minutes and then check them. You want the bottoms to just start to brown. I find that in my oven they take between 7-8 minutes. Let them cool and enjoy!
This is one of my hubby's favorite treats and now that it is getting colder out and the season is changing I find myself in the kitchen baking more. Just within the last week I have made 2 pumpkin pies and these yummy pie crust cinnamon rolls twice as well. What can I say my house smells delicious and my mouth loves the taste, however, my waistline is not going in the right direction, yikes!
What you need:
* 2 cups flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup milk
* Butter
* Cinnamon
* Sugar
* Waxed Paper
Let's Make it:
* Preheat oven to 475
* Pour all the ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl and mix it all together. I roll it into one big ball and then divide the ball in to two smaller individual balls.
* Roll one of the balls out between two pieces of waxed paper. If it feels a little dry you may need to add a little more oil.
* Take your butter/margarine and lightly spread it all over the top of the entire pie crust roll out.
* Sprinkle sugar all over the pie crust and make sure you use A LOT. I promise you can not use too much but, if you don't add enough the taste won't be there and all you will taste is pie crust.
* Do the same with the Cinnamon and again use A LOT. You want to cover the entire roll out and I go over it at least twice. I usually can not see this much sugar through the cinnamon, I realized after I baked this batch that I didn't use enough cinnamon.
* Starting at one side of the dough roll it up. This is a little tricky and I use the wax paper to help me so it doesn't stick to badly.
* Then take your roll and cut slices about one inch wide and place the rolls onto a non-greased cookie sheet.
* Bake in your preheated oven at 475 degrees for 5 minutes and then check them. You want the bottoms to just start to brown. I find that in my oven they take between 7-8 minutes. Let them cool and enjoy!
Those look DELISH!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try them! You combined 2 of my favorite things! Pie crust & cinnamon anything!
ReplyDelete