Friday, October 23, 2009

Is it or isn't it?

Claire has come down with something that as of 11am this morning I was sure was H1N1. I had it all diagnosed in my head from reading all the online symptoms they have when they have H1N1:
* headache- check, she told me that her head hurt

* running nose- check

* fever of 100.4 or higher- check, 100.6 as of 10am.

* overly tired- check, she was up at 9:30am and then back in bed by 11am.

* no appetite- check, she hasn't eaten anything just holds the food and stares off into t.v. land


So I put a call into our pediatrician and when he called me back he said it could be H1N1 or there are also about 2 or 3 other viruses running their course right now. He told me a few things to watch for and if she shows signs of those then I need to call him back. I was a little put off that he just blew it off so easily and didn't want to see her or prescribe Tamiflu, however, I have to remember he is the professional and is getting how many of calls a day from moms just like me so I tried to understand. However, after I hung up with him Claire came downstairs all smiles and giving hugs. She felt much cooler to the touch, when I took her temp it was 98.4, and was in such high spirits it was like my "well" Claire was back. She had some milk and watch some t.v. all while snuggling with mommy on the couch. Her last dose of Motrin was at 10am and as of a little while ago she was still fever free so I don't know what we have going on over here in our house. All I know is I am going to continue my daily routine of pumping them full of their vitamins, both daily and vitamin D. I saw a episode of Dr. Oz about a month ago and he said that we all should have plenty of vitamin D in system with the H1N1 going around, normally they say you need C but not with this lovely virus.

Tomorrow is suppose to be family pictures so we will see how things play out. I spoke with our photographer, Kelly Park, this morning and she was sweet enough to move us to her last time slot of the day being noon. This way we still have a session if Claire is feeling up to it and no one else in the family is feeling badly, however, if we can't make it I will just call her and she will go home. Cory and I have been looking forward to the pictures as they are outside down in Forest Park and the trees are at their peaks with color right now. Also, Cory and I have a date night tomorrow night we are going out for a late anniversary celebration of dinner and then down to the Fox to see The Phantom of the Opera. This will be my fourth time seeing it I have seen it once in New York and twice here, it never gets old, I LOVE the music and costumes! Have any of you see the Phantom, what is your favorite show??

5 comments:

  1. I hope Claire stays well! I've heard from a couple of moms that both the H1N1 and these other viruses can seem to come and go for a couple of days...I really hope that's not the case for you. So far, Bennett still seems fine after his quick fever bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was speaking to my ped the other day while at work, he said they are NOT jumping on giving tamaflu. They keep changing the info. I hope Claire is okay. yeah, feel free to keep those germs over there:) Chase has been soooo paranoid of getting it. and just heard our school is postponing the vaccine again. there is another shortage. by the time we get it in, will be too little too late. Have fun tomorrow. I saw the Phantom with my mom and sis a few yrs back we had seats in the 2nd row where the chandilier came down. LOVED it!! Have fun and hope you get the pics taken, the leaves are at their prime, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...sorry to hear about Claire being sick. I'm afraid poor Paige might get it next. I sure do wish those H1N1 vaccines would get to my doctor's office as she HIGHLY recommends them for her pregnant patients. She thinks its good that the baby will actually get some of that vaccine, especially since she's going to be born right in the middle of all this junk going around! Let us know if you need anything!

    Oh, and I love Phantom as well. I've seen it two times. Its great, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Claire!! I hope she's feeling better and that no one else gets sick.

    My two favorite musicals are Les Mis and Rent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear your baby is sick!

    We are doing out family pics this week too!

    ReplyDelete