Nothing really that is why I haven't posted anything since Tuesday. We haven't had a whole lot going on besides our normal everyday life. I will give you a few updates on things I have blogged about over the past few weeks.
Kindergarten for Claire, it is official we have made up our minds and decided that she will be going half day. I have talked with as many moms, teachers and parent educators as I can and picked all their brains, but what it comes down to is what we (okay I) feel comfortable with. I am just not ready for her to be gone all day and something in my gut keeps telling me that having her attend half day is the best for all of us. If she had a September or October birthday I might feel differently, but since she is a May baby and will be one of the youngest in her class, along with a few other reasons, I feel half day is best for her.
The diet.....I officially started the diet on Jan. 11th and as of this morning I am down 6.4 lbs. Yes, I realize that works out to be a little over 2 lbs a week, however, I wish it would come off a little faster, anyone who knows me knows I am not the most patient person in the word. So I have 16 more pounds to go to get back to my lowest weight before the weight gain began and if that goes well and doesn't take forever I would LOVE to lose another 10 on top of that, we will see. Cory is also losing weight and doing well with it. He started his last Monday the 18th and I think he is already down 5 lbs gotta love that, why is it so much easier for men?
That is what is new with us, what about all of you? Any big plans this weekend, we don't have any.
I'm pretty sure my husband THOUGHT about eating less and lost weight. So annoying.
ReplyDeleteBut good job! I'd be happy with 2 lbs a week!
When I was studying to be a personal trainer, the idea was that a healthy way to lose weight was roughly 2-3 pounds per week - so it sounds to me like you're on the right track! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteThat IS a great job!!! At least you are DOWN 6lbs and not UP!! I'm gonna jump on the band wagon soon....I can feel it...I think.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! That's a great weight loss.
ReplyDeletenothing much...just hoping for one more snow day to be with the kiddos!
ReplyDeleteI think it probably is your corn dip. It's real name is called crazy corn dip. And any time you get down to farmington you let me know and I will be glad to fix you a dinner!
ReplyDeleteThere are a ton of families who have chosen to go half day. I think that it will work out the best for us too. I am sure by the end of the school year I will be ready for full day! But I like to take it slow.
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME, AWESOME weight loss!!!! Good for you, girl!!!! I am so proud of you! That's GREAT! I know you can do the rest. I actually haven't lost any in more than a month...I am "stuck", kind-of, I think. (Maybe b/c of the breastfeeding....) I am still trying, though. It is tough at times and great at times!
ReplyDeleteI think you are totally doing the right thing about Kindergarten....if we had half-day option here, I would do that for Connor, too.
OH-and YES I got AK's sweet outfit at Target...I almost got the flowered one like you did but those striped pants won me over!! I should have bought both b/c they were a great price, and fit great! Avery Kate is outgrowing all her winter clothes!!!!