Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesdays Tasties

Apple & Carrot Salad

* 1/2 cup sliced almonds
* 1/2 cup Hendrickson's dressing & marinade
* 2 Fuji or Gala Apples
* 2 Granny Smith Apples
* 1 cup shredded carrots
* 1/2 cup dried tart cherries

-In small skillet over medium heat, cook almonds 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer nuts to plate to cool.

- Pour dressing into medium serving bowl. Core unpeeled apples and cut into matchstick thin slices, add to the dressing in the small bowl, gently tossing apples occasionally. Coarsely chop carrots into smaller shreds and add to the apple mixture. Toss almonds and cherries with apples and carrot mixture until well combined and coated with dressing. If not serving right away you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to a few hours.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot all about this,I LOVED it when you sent some over for us!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may actually try it. I think the boys might even like it.

    ReplyDelete