Double Onion Dip
-2 Tbsp. Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
-1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
-1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
-1 cup mayo (or Miracle Whip if you like it)
-1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
-2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
-Ritz or other chips/crackers for dipping
-HEAT Italian dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add yellow onions; cook 15 to 20 min. or until browned and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper. Cool.
-MIX mayo and cream cheese in medium bowl until well blended. Add caramelized onions and the green onions; mix well.
-Chill in the refridgerator and serve cold.
*I actually got this recipe off Nicole's blog "Three More Bites". I tried it over the holidays and it was sooo good, if you like onion you definitely have to give this one a try!!
I like the idea of the caramelized onions. THANKS!!! for the YUMMY!!! dip recipe.
ReplyDeleteCome by and enter my new giveaway.
Geri
YUM! Now I'm hungry for this again! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try it...I LOVE COOKED ONIONS!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, the combo of the ingredients sounds wierd..but, I trust you bc you make delicious stuff :)
ReplyDeleteI made this for mom and kept a little for us. Turned out great.
ReplyDelete