Monday, January 11, 2010

Talk about incentive

Over the weekend I read on a friend of mine's status on Facebook that while she was at the gym she rounded the corner of the hallway and almost ran directly into Albert Pujols. I was of course jealous and made a comment about how I needed that kind of incentive to get my rear back to the gym................ Over the weekend I finally sat down and ordered a years worth, yes, you read correctly a years worth of pictures of the girls through Snapfish. As I was deciding which ones to order I noticed something about myself by looking at the pictures, my weight gain. I don't know about all of you but when I gain weight it goes directly to my face! So I finally told myself enough is enough and started back at the gym today. First, I hit the treadmill and walk/ran 30 minutes. Of course when the 30 minutes was up my face was all red and I was really starting to break a sweat when it happened, I turned around to get off the treadmill and there he was............Albert Pujols working out directly behind me! He was using the weights, doing leg crunches so he was resting on his elbows with his head facing towards me. Yes, I am talking straight behind me so I of course starting thinking about my butt and how flabby it is and how I hoped he hadn't looked up and had just kept his head facing toward the floor. Anyway, at first I wasn't sure if it was him or not, he had a hat on backwards and I didn't want him to see me staring at him, however, with a second and then third glance I was sure it was him. Wow, he is much better looking in person and very built too ladies. As I was heading over to the elliptical machine I grabbed my phone and just like a high schooler who has just seen a boy she likes called my sister saying "I just saw Albert Pujols" after I hung up with her I called Cory and told him who I had seen. Ah, what an exciting day, looks like God has given me the incentive I need, see you tomorrow Albert! :)

11 comments:

  1. LOL! That is too funny. Good for you for getting in the gym. I can relate to your story. I have been trying to do some free weights so I have been going back into the weight room of my gym, where all the college boys work out. I keep hoping they don't notice my big rear end or flabby just had a baby belly! As I am huffing and puffing, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is Lisa going to be jealous. Good for you getting back to the gym, as that is so hard to do. I hope you see Albert again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am jealous! He is one of my favorite baseball players! I love your new header pic! Your kids are beautiful, and so are you! :) I would be using my membership more often if I had Albert there! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never seen him there. But I don't usually pay attention either. I'm going to have to keep my head up more.

    You should try the barbell strength class with me. It kicks your butt, but it's a great workout and you seriously burn a minimum of 700-800 calories. You just can't walk for a couple of days afterward. I'm going Friday at 9:45 if you want to join me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I how awesome for you! That's the bad part about going to Curves...girls only

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool!! I need to get my butt in gear and join a gym.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, lol! How funny! What a great post! I MUST get my butt on my treadmill tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MAN!!! I AM VERY VERY JEALOUS!!!!! You know he is my FAVORITE!!! What a GREAT incentive to go to the gym. I wouldn't want to miss going for a chance to see him... Keep up the good workout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, back on it!! I am trying over here, just eating better, but not back into any groove yet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is AWESOME! I want to come work out at your gym sometime!

    ReplyDelete