The girls have been cracking me up lately with all their questions and curiosity so I thought I would share some of it with you, plus a few other random things.
Claire:
* What happens to the sun once it goes down, does it go to another planet?
* Why does it rain?
* What are fans made out of?
* What are airplanes made out of?
* What is dirt made out of?
* Daddy, how many different kinds of cars are there? Cory then told her a lot, her
next question was, can you name them?
* Why did Jesus die?
* What is a sin?
* This one is the best, How do you make babies? We have been asked that twice now by
our much too curious/smart 4 year old.
Paige:
She has really started coming into her own personality over the past few months and the things she says and does shock us all.
* Leave me alone, I'm mad at you
* Just now when I was putting her down for her nap she told me my breath smelled, it must be pretty bad for a 2 year old to notice.
* She loves to wear her dress up shoes, I mean as soon as she gets out of bed in the morning she goes right to them to put on and starts strutting around the house.
* Lately when she asks me something I have been answering by saying "umm humm" meaning "yes" and she is so funny she will look at me and say "what is umm humm" and every time I answer her then by saying "yes" now when I say "umm humm" she will say "why you say umm humm", I never noticed how often I say it.
* She no longer calls Claire "sissy" but has moved on to calling her "Claire". At first I couldn't wait for her to call her by her name, but now I miss "sissy", she did say it the other day just once and I LOVED it!!
I almost had some serious road rage with the trash truck this morning. I mean the nerve of these trash men thinking they can park their truck in the middle of the street so nobody can get pass them on either side and then they expect you to back up and go around. This morning I was leaving to take Claire to Vacation Bible School and there is the trash truck blocking the entire road. I waited patiently for him to finish emptying my neighbors trash so he could then move out of my way. WRONG, he got back in the truck and just sat there staring at me as I sat starting at him. He then had the nerve to throw up his arms as to say what are you waiting for, so I motioned for him to back up. He then shook his head and told me to back up, this went back and forth a few more times and then I gave in and backed up as I was going to be late getting Claire to VBS. However, as I was backing up I grabbed my cellphone, making sure he saw that I had it, then stopped, looked at the number on the side of the truck for Allied Waste and dialed again making sure he knew what I was doing. I then saw him quickly grab his phone and started calling someone as well, I can only think that it was work to try and beat my complaint call. He is lucky that I was in a hurry otherwise I was in the mood to just sit there and make him move or be late for the rest of his route. Next time ol trash guy you better watch out!
I am absolutely THRILLED that Jillian picked Ed on The Bachelorette!! I watched "After the Final Rose" last night and they seem SOOO happy together. I only hope that it lasts and that they get married and have a very happy life together. It sounds like as of September 1st Jillian is packing up her bags and moving to Chicago. They said they are planning a wedding within the next 12 months, that they have done everything super fast so far so why slow down now? Well DeAnna and Jesse said the same thing and even had a wedding date picked out and we all know what happened there. I hope this one works out like Trista and Ryan and they have beautiful babies.
Cory is working late tonight so when Paige wakes up from her nap the girls and I are heading to the pool and then I will probably take them to McDonald's for dinner. Tomorrow night I am having a girls night out with my friends Carol and Kelli, we are doing dinner and then heading to the movies to see Harry Potter!
One last thing before I sign off for the day, I want to wish my dad a very happy 65th birthday. He is such a strong and wonderful man, I love you more everyday dad!
What a newsy blog. Too bad about the trash men. They just don't care do they?
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the pool today. I know you will really enjoy having dinner with your friends and going to the movie tomorrow night!!
Yes, what a nice blog entry! The kids do ask so many Qs as they get older, huh. I love that Claire is asking so many about Jesus and God. This is the time to instill them with all that knowledge that will help guide them in their lifetime:) Ditto about Jillian and ED! I could watch a reality show about their wedding and after, couldnt you?! I am excited about tomorrow eve too! It has made my week. I told Chase we will run to a few stores to look at phones for him tomorrow....but maybe we can get the girls together after that.
ReplyDeleteno, I just love to take pictures. I plan to take a class to learn about my new camrea, but I am just to cheap to spend the 150 for 6 classes. Go figure...I spent 1500 on the camera, but won't spend 150 to take a class! I love the questions...espically the one about babies! A few weeks ago my 8 year old told his friend that when he was 20 the dr would have to stick a candel (somehow he got candel and camera) up his butt to make sure he does not have cancer too. BTW - I am replying from my very own, newly restored laptop!!!!
ReplyDelete