Today we all got up and going and drove about 90 minutes to Venice Beach. I remember going there with my mom, dad and sister when I was younger and getting some really cool sharks teeth. I have such great memories of that vacation that I wanted to share it with Cory and the girls. When we arrived in Venice we headed to the Fishing Pier to show the girls the boardwalk and get some sifters to look for the teeth. Then we asked where the best place to find the teeth are from some locals and were on our way. The locals did tell us that we were hitting at high tide and the best time to find them is at low tide but Cory and dad were determined. I have some good pics of dad and Cory out in the water with their sifters trying hard. I did give it a try but the water in Venice was really rough today and the seaweed kept getting wrapped around my legs, I don't do well with seaweed especially when it wraps around my limbs. So I headed back in to shore with mom and the girls and we watched the boys have a go at it for a couple of hours. Cory did end up finding quite a few and some nice gentlemen from Chicago saw them trying so hard that he went over and gave Cory about 6 or 7 that he had found just walking along the beach.
It was really hot today, Cory and dad got a little too much sun on their backs. They had even put on 30 SPF and then a few hours later reapplied with the girls 50, that just shows how intense the sun is here, but they should be okay by morning. Well we are going to play a couple hands of cards and hit the hay, being out in the sun all day really takes it out of you.
Glad you found a few sharks teeth and very nice of the men to give Cory several they had found. Hope the guys are not too sunburned from yesterday's excursion.
ReplyDelete