Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesdays Tasties

This recipe was SO easy and good, the chicken was so tender it just fell apart. We had enough left for about 3 days of leftovers!

Easy Salsa Crock-Pot Chicken

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning (next time I will use 1.5 packets for more flavor)
1 jar salsa (I used 1.5 jars)
Tortilla shells or Crunchy Taco Shells
Cheese
Sour cream
Preparation Sprinkle each chicken breast with taco seasoning-covering all sides of chicken. Place chicken breasts in crock-pot and cover with salsa.

Cook on HI for 5 hours. Take chicken from crock-pot and shred with a fork. Fill soft or crunchy tortilla shells with the chicken, adding more salsa on top from crock-pot, cheese, sour cream and enjoy.

If you aren't in the mood for tacos, you can simply place each breast over cooked rice adding more salsa from the pot on top as well.
Notes: This dish is easy to do- and great either way as tacos or on top of rice. Pick a salsa your family likes and use a liner for the pot, it makes clean up a breeze!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this one since it is Mexican, sounds very easy and can cook while I am at work.

    ReplyDelete