Girls were up at 7am ready to head to the beach! Seriously, I thought we were on vacation doesn't that mean we get to sleep in and relax? Cory got up with them and let me sleep until 9am since I was up with them yesterday at just about the same time. They had breakfast with daddy and Nana and then got on their suits and were raring to go to the pool. I finally gave in and we headed out at 10am, we were at the pool for a about 40 minutes and then they were ready to go to the beach. It was high tide today around noon so the water was a little ruffer than yesterday but the girls still had a great time. We came back in around 12:45pm for lunch and then the girls and I took naps while Cory went on an hour bike ride.
Cory and I went shelling last night at low tide after we put the girls to bed. It is nice having mom and dad here with us as they stayed with the girls while Cory and I went to the beach. We found, okay I guess I should clarify, Cory found 3 really cool shells and I found one. Of course we have a ton of pretty little ones that we found all day long yesterday, but last night when we could go out further in the water we found some that you can usually only find if you go to a souvenir shop and buy them. Here is a link, we found one Pear Whelk, a Florida Fighting Conch and a Lightning Whelk: http://www.seashells.org, then click on Identifying Your Treasure and then Mollusks. Now we are on a mission to find more and will be heading back out tonight to try and find some more. Well everyone is up and ready to head back to the beach. Claire and I are fine with staying in for a little longer as we have been getting a TON of sun and have only been here 2 days, but the biggest and littlest kids of all want to go back out.
I am impressed that Cory is taking a daily bike ride. Good exercise. It is great that the sun is shining so much for you as that is what you want when you are at the beach. How fun going out to collect shells after the girls are in bed. A definite plus for having mom and dad there.
ReplyDeletemoms never get to relax on vacation...even relaxing takes effort!
ReplyDeleteYes, sometimes vacations are MORE work with the kids, as you do way more in a weeks time than normal! Nice you got to sleep in! Sounds like you are really having a great time together! Any sign of those bugs you were worried about???
ReplyDeleteGlad the vacastion is going well. Killian and I are chillin!
ReplyDelete