Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lori's Baby Shower

A good friend of mine is expecting her first little one to arrive the beginning of November so her sister in law, best friend and I have been working together to throw her a fantastic shower. I have to say that I have thrown three baby showers in the past but this one has been the most fun of all. I don't know if it is because we have the Internet now with all these great resources or if it is because I am older and have two little ones of my own and want to make this a great day for Lori. Whatever it is I am having a blast and am coming up with new thoughts and ideas everyday!

So far we have the theme which I will share is pink and brown, I think Lori has probably figured this out from the invitations, yes, she is having a GIRL yeah!!!! I figured this would be a great theme considering Lori is doing the nursery in pink and brown! Her cake is picked out and ordered, paper products have been picked out and Jamie (best friend) will order them once we get our final count or close to it, I found the cutest party favors online and again will order them once the date gets closer and we have a better idea of how many we will need. I went out today and got things to fill the party favors with, fun!! All we will have to do is order flowers and balloons once we get closer to the date and we are good to go!

Some of you might be thinking that I am crazy for already buying all this stuff being that she isn't due until November, however, do to having so many different schedules to work around we are having the shower at the end of August. We were originally going to shoot for middle to late September but it just didn't work out. I was even willing to do beginning of October but some of the ladies were worried about getting too close to the due date in case she ends up going early. That thought never crossed my mind considering Claire was 10 days late and Paige was induced the week of my due date, what can I say we have good ovens in my family and the babies just aren't in any hurry to come out. Anyways, the shower is August 29th and I can't wait to share all the details and photos with you all once it is over.

I can only imagine how much fun it must be to a wedding planner. You get a budget and ideas of what the bride wants and get to go with it. Even an interior designer would be great, oh well maybe in my next life.

No comments:

Post a Comment