Pumpkin Pie
It is definitely that time of year to make this pie. Pumpkin is Cory's favorite pie and to be honest I never really cared for it until now. My mom would always make pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread when I was growing up, but never pumpkin pie. I know that Cory likes it so I decided to surprise him with it one day when he got home from work. I too tried it and am now a huge fan, along with Paige! I have made probably 4 pumpkin pies over the last month I think. Wow, that sounds really bad when I say it out loud like that! So far Claire is the only one in the family that isn't a fan, but you never know what the future holds. While Cory, Paige and I are having the pie, Claire is having a bowl of Cool Whip cause you can't have pumpkin pie without it!!
* I'm sure that everyone has their own recipe for Pumpkin Pie so I will not type out mine. If you don't have a recipe I just follow the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin. My mother in law did share a little something that she adds to her pumpkin pie, 1 and a half tablespoons of whiskey. It turns the pie more of a brown color verses your usual orange and gives it a little bit more pop.
Do any of you add anything to your pie???

It is definitely that time of year to make this pie. Pumpkin is Cory's favorite pie and to be honest I never really cared for it until now. My mom would always make pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread when I was growing up, but never pumpkin pie. I know that Cory likes it so I decided to surprise him with it one day when he got home from work. I too tried it and am now a huge fan, along with Paige! I have made probably 4 pumpkin pies over the last month I think. Wow, that sounds really bad when I say it out loud like that! So far Claire is the only one in the family that isn't a fan, but you never know what the future holds. While Cory, Paige and I are having the pie, Claire is having a bowl of Cool Whip cause you can't have pumpkin pie without it!!
* I'm sure that everyone has their own recipe for Pumpkin Pie so I will not type out mine. If you don't have a recipe I just follow the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin. My mother in law did share a little something that she adds to her pumpkin pie, 1 and a half tablespoons of whiskey. It turns the pie more of a brown color verses your usual orange and gives it a little bit more pop.
Do any of you add anything to your pie???
I love pumpkin pie. I will have to try the whiskey trick.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy!
ReplyDeleteWow, that does look good!
ReplyDeleteHey! Guess who I got to take care of tonight!
ReplyDelete