Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday!

So I did it I got up at 7:20am and was out the door by 7:30am to hit the sales. This was my first time of getting up that early to try and get some door busters and all I can say was it was an experience. My mom and I had talked about meeting up with each other, like we do every year, however, usually my mom starts at 7am and I meet up with her around 9 or 9:30am. When I was on my way to Target I called my mom to tell her I was out the door and see where she was. Come to find out she was already at Target, done and gone, she got there at 6:15am and had already bought everything on my list of things to get. Let me tell you I was more than happy to not have to enter Target, just pulling into the parking lot I was like oh my this is going to be CRAZY!! So off to meet mom at Kohl's to get a few things that I had seen in their ad. Once we were finished there we headed back to Target to exchange a few things that mom had bought, I thought better to exchange it now while the lines were still in the checkout and not the return. Then we stopped at Toys R Us on our way to the mall. WOW is all I can say, I got a few things I wanted and then stood in line for 40 MINUTES, that is right 40! After Toys R Us we headed to the mall and once we found a parking spot (we drove around for probably 10 minutes) we headed inside to shop for presents for ME! Yeah, mom still needed a few ideas so we went to The Limited where their jewelry was 40% off and then New York & Co. where their jewelry was 50% off. We had so much fun just doing girl things like trying on jewelry and laughing with each other about some of the jewelry we saw. We had lunch at Panera Bread and then went to Macy's and got some things for Cory and my brother in law. By 1pm I was starting to drag and was definitely getting to the point that I had, had enough. By the time we left the mall my mom shopped for 8 hours and I was getting close to hitting the 7 hour mark! It was a lot of fun and was worth it as I got some REALLY good deals especially at Macy's, I am just glad that I don't have to shop like that except for once a year.

What did all of you do, anyone else hit the sales early in the morning, did you find any good deals???

3 comments:

  1. I found some great deal - just all online. ;-)

    Last year, I was in the crazy crowd at 4 AM in line at Best Buy. Never again, my friend!

    One of my buddies was in line at Toys R Us for 2 HOURS. That's just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went in the afternoon, it wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might sound crazy, but 40 minutes is tame compared to some of the lines I have been in on Black Friday!!! Target was MADNESS this year....but Kohl's is usually the worst one for lines where we live. I got pretty much ALL my shopping done on Friday....YAY! I just love the whole Black Friday experience....it is tradition for me, my sister and my mom. We usually get to Target by 5:00 but this year we went at 6:00. :) That is the only day of the year that I don't mind waking up early!!

    ReplyDelete