The weather was absolutely gorgeous this weekend so we spent a lot of our time outside. I wanted to take as much advantage as I could of the 70 degree weather because that will probably be our last warm weekend for quiet a while.
Friday night Cory the girls and I went out to dinner at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant. We got the Chicken Flautas if you haven't had them I strongly recommend you trying them next time you go. The rest of the night was quite we went home, put the girls to bed and then Cory and I caught up on some of our shows from earlier in the week.
Saturday we went over to my sister's around 4pm to celebrate my mom's 61st birthday (sorry mom). It was really low key, we opened presents, sang Happy Birthday, had cake (from Dairy Queen, one of those ice cream cakes), visited for a little while and then left. We then got some dinner and headed over to Dave and Lori's house to see Madeline. A few months ago I threw a baby shower for my friend Lori and Madeline made her grand entrance into this world last Wednesday 11/4. I of course couldn't wait and had to go see her on Thursday the 5th while they were still at the hospital. My dad came over and watched the girls while I ran to the hospital and she is absolutely beautiful from head to toe. Congratulations Lori and Dave!
So Cory and the girls got to meet her for the first time on Saturday night. The girls were SOOO excited and did great with her! Claire is at that age were she understands how important it is to be careful and gentle.



Paige got so excited and was so wrapped up in the idea of "holding" Madeline. All she wanted to do was look at her.
Friday night Cory the girls and I went out to dinner at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant. We got the Chicken Flautas if you haven't had them I strongly recommend you trying them next time you go. The rest of the night was quite we went home, put the girls to bed and then Cory and I caught up on some of our shows from earlier in the week.
Saturday we went over to my sister's around 4pm to celebrate my mom's 61st birthday (sorry mom). It was really low key, we opened presents, sang Happy Birthday, had cake (from Dairy Queen, one of those ice cream cakes), visited for a little while and then left. We then got some dinner and headed over to Dave and Lori's house to see Madeline. A few months ago I threw a baby shower for my friend Lori and Madeline made her grand entrance into this world last Wednesday 11/4. I of course couldn't wait and had to go see her on Thursday the 5th while they were still at the hospital. My dad came over and watched the girls while I ran to the hospital and she is absolutely beautiful from head to toe. Congratulations Lori and Dave!
So Cory and the girls got to meet her for the first time on Saturday night. The girls were SOOO excited and did great with her! Claire is at that age were she understands how important it is to be careful and gentle.
Paige got so excited and was so wrapped up in the idea of "holding" Madeline. All she wanted to do was look at her.
Sunday we played outside, I worked with Claire on riding her bike in the street. She is fine on the driveway but she needs to get more confidence about going faster, stopping on her own from a faster speed and steering. Later in the day Claire and I went to my nephew's soccer game, that was fun. We then came home stayed out until dark, 5:20pm, Cory BBQ some chicken and then got ready for the week ahead.
How about you, what did you do this weekend?
I think the girls need another little baby to hold!
ReplyDeleteHa, Cassie that is a good one! I tried for a third I was more than ready, however, the hubby just wasn't. Now even if I could talk him into it Paige and the baby would be more than 3 years apart and we are so out of the baby routine.
ReplyDeleteThey have Madeline and a baby cousin that will be arriving in April so there will be plenty of babies to hold. :)
Beer never helps me do anything better. It may be more fun...but never ever better!
ReplyDeleteCute pics of the girls holding Madeline. I know they loved doing that.
ReplyDeleteAww, what a little cutie! Your girls seem to really be into being around the baby. I agree with Cassie. It's time to convince Cory to add another. :-)
ReplyDelete