Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas

Before we know it Christmas morning will be staring us in the face. I am trying to get as much of my shopping done now as I can. I am pretty much done with Claire, they are so much easier as they get older because they ask for certain things and have interest in specific areas. The one big gift that Claire is asking for this year is a Leapster 2.

Santa will bring this for her I am sure. She also would love some games to go with it which is a great gift idea for grandparents/aunts and uncles.

Claire LOVES art so she also is asking for some Pixos.

Now I don't know anything about Pixos, meaning if they are a good present or not. My sister has bought them for my niece who is 7 and said they are kind of a pain in the butt, we will see.

Have any of you heard of these new things called Zhu Zhu Pets?? They are the new thing out for Christmas this year if you have children in the age range of 2-7 years old. They are IMPOSSIBLE to find, but only if you don't have a sister or mother like mine. :) My sister stood in line every Tuesday morning, with my dad in tow at Toys R Us for 3 weeks to get tickets so she could get these little hamsters. My mom has been stalking Target and Walmart for a month being the first one to arrive on the days that they got their Zhu Zhu shipments in. So needless to say, both of the girls will be getting two Zhu Zhu's each, each a house for their Zhu Zhu to live in as well as toys for the cute little hamsters to play with.



I also have bought the Hungry Hungry Hippos game which we all had as a child. I remember my sister and I sitting around playing that over and over again, hitting the handle that opened the hippos mouth so hard that the marbles would go flying across the room.

That is basically all for Claire along with a few books that I bought her through her Scholastic Book order from school.

Paige is REALLY into baby dolls. The gift that she will be asking Santa for is an American Girl, Bitty Baby Doll. Cory and I got one for Claire last Christmas when she was 3 1/2, come to find out Claire never really got into baby dolls at all and hardly ever plays with her Bitty Baby. Paige plays with Claire's doll all the time, making Cory and I realize how much she would LOVE her own.

So again I am sure that Santa will bring Paige her baby doll which she has already named Suzie Mae! Again with Santa bringing Paige her doll this leaves good ideas for grandparents/aunts and uncles as to some gift ideas that could go along with Suzie.

As soon as American Girl has their free shipping which is usually some time during the month of November I will order her doll and the Bitty Baby Snack Set to go along with it.


As I said earlier in my post both the girls are getting two Zhu Zhu pets and a house, however, I don't really have any other ideas for Paige. I guess I will head to Toys R Us next Monday when both the girls are in school and wander up and down the aisles looking for ideas.

What are your kids asking for Christmas this year? Any ideas for a 2 year old little girl???

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so good! I can't believe your family did all that to get those hamsters! That is great! We are all about transformers in this house. I can't wait til my daughter is old enough to buy the girly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the girls are going to get some good stuff this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls must have been really good this year! ;) Hungry Hungry Hippo was one of my favorite games as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have the Pixo's and I HATE THEM! They make a mess and I find the little beads everywhere! They boys didn't really dig them too much.

    As for the wall, I cant't wait to see what you do. I would have loved to do something else, but that wall in my house is covered in a woven grass wall paper. I am just not willing to do all the work it would take to get it off. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke has that Leapster and loves it! We had the Pixos, when they were called something else and were recalled bc they were toxic?? I just threw the whole sysem away. They apparently are new and safe now though. I just realized we have the nightgown from Grace that matches that Bitty Baby! It feels good to get shopping done early, and not haveto stress about finding something on their lists that is sold out! Are you doing your cookie exchange this yr??:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I officially started my shopping today and am so excited to buy things for my kiddos. I have never heard of the bitty baby, but she is adorable! And I have definitely never heard of those hampsters....but my parents are the same way...we had all the "hot toys" every year growing up b/c my dad loved the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, but I don't understand those hampsters and what is so special about them. Thank goodness Drew doesn't know what they are, nor really care :) When you ask what he wants for Christmas he just says toys. I'm sure he'll understand it a lot better after it's all over this year. So far, he's getting a Goodnight Moon puzzle piece matching game, Mickey Mouse Memory game, Handy Manny character that comes with tools and McDonalds cash register that comes with some food items as well. I also already got his St. Nick presents....not sure if you do that. Santa has a couple Thomas and Geo Trax things left to buy. Do your girls like Barbies? They are for 3 and up, so maybe Paige would like that. Margo is in to Dora now so it's all about Dora for her.

    ReplyDelete