Friday, November 6, 2009

From Curly to Straight

August of 2008- Claire was 3 years old

July 2009- 4 years old

November 2009- 4 1/2 years old



Over the past few months I have noticed that the curls that Claire once had are slowly starting to disappear and it has been harder for me to make her hair look cute! I have been throwing around the idea of blowing her hair out straight to see what it would look like for a month or so. Today when my sister was over she asked if I had thought about drying Claire's hair to see what it would look like, so after she left I decided to give it a whirl and it looks really cute. I think she looks more like me with the straight hair and Claire LOVES it!!
I remember when I first realized that she was going to have curly hair I was disappointed as nobody in my family has curly hair and I had NO idea how to style it. With help from a few friends and neighbors who have experience with curly hair I quickly learned how to style it and it was ADORABLE! However, now that she is older the tight little curls are turning into more loose wavy curls and her hair just look wild all the time no matter what I tried. So I think we will go straight for awhile and see what happens, I know Cory is going to have to get use to it as he isn't a fan of change and he really loved the curls as did I. However, I think the straight hair looks better and makes her look older, what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Cute. She is starting to lose that little girl look. You know what i mean. Yes, she is still a little girl, but she is looking more mature now. It is sad when they lose that "cutsie-tootsie"look. She is lucky to have curls, so she has the option to wear it either way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she looks older with straight hair! It does look great on her. She's lucky to have a mom who'll blow dry her hair for her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look older, keep her looking young, don't want them to grow up too fast! And I totally agree, before I read your comment about her looking like you, I was like OMG, she really looks like Julie in that 2nd to last pic, with the straight hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun would it be to have someone's hair to fix every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so super cute either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have to say I like them both. The straight hair really does make Claire look older.. Not sure I want her to look older "yet"! She is adorable either way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do it...my camera does! I use an 85mm Canon Pro high speed lens on. I set my ISO at 400 and my apature pretty low, I also mess with the white balance until I like what I get. I also shoot my subject really close up so the background won't be in focus. Does that help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She does look older with the straight hair. However, I still like the curls. Change is hard for me, too.

    ReplyDelete