Like many of you I went and saw New Moon over the weekend with some of my girlfriends and thought it would be fun to do a little review of my own. We went to a 1pm showing on Sunday, first we grabbed lunch at Panera Bread and discussed our thoughts of Twilight and what we hoped to see in New Moon.
As for the movie as a whole I thought it was very good, much better than Twilight. I don't know if it was because there was a different director or if they got wind of how many people (especially the 30 year old moms)were upset with the differences from the book Twilight and the movie, whatever it was I am happy with the delivery of New Moon.
I thought Taylor Lautner did a fantastic job as Jacob! He played the role just how I had pictured it from the books and he is very easy on the eyes, even if he is only 17! Can we say hello abs, he looked great for the part and was very believable that he could change into a wolf!
Robert Pattinson did another wonderful job as Edward and sucks me in every time with those eyes and jaw line. I did miss him terribly in this movie, he is too gorgeous and needed to be seen more but that is do to the writing in the book, we will see more of him, LOTS more in Eclipse.
Then there is Bella played by Kristen Stewart I apologize now for any one out there that is a Kristen fan, but I really don't care for her. Of all the actresses they could have pulled from, they picked her? She just does NOT pull off the role of Bella as I and so many others I have talked to see her from the books and her chemistry with Rob, ahh, terrible! They are suppose to be deeply in love with one another and I just do not see/feel it at all. Throughout most of the movie, in the few scenes they had together she hardly ever looked him in the eyes, she always has her head down and looks at his chest. Hello he is the love of your life and you can't even look him in those beautiful eyes! I think what bothers me the most is she makes it seem, to me at least, that she is afraid of him more than in love with him, she wants to become a vampire so she never has to live without him but seems intimidated by him at the same time, am I making any sense?? I do have to give her credit though for the scene with the Volturi (which didn't happen in the book, but we all know they threw it in there for an action scene) when she was screaming for Aro not to hurt Edward, the girl can act, she just isn't pulling off the passion she is suppose to feel toward Edward enough for me. Her scenes with Jacob (Taylor) were much more believable, I could tell she actually cared for him, byt moving on enough about the actors...........
The special affects were really cool and I LOVED the werewolves. I would have liked to see more of them actually and was a little disappointed in their lack of screen time. They should have plenty of screen time in Eclipse though especially at the end when the Volturi come to fight!
If I were giving out stars it would definitely get 4.5/5 stars and if I ranked it out of 10, I would give it a 9! You really should see it on the big screen, the special affects are great! I was so excited to see it and had the count down going everyday, it definitely did not disappoint me!!
A few of my favorite scenes where when Jacob and Paul fought, when Bella saves Edward from stepping out into the sunlight in Italy (now I do have to admit there was some passion there) and the ending when Edward gave Bella that look and said "Marry me Bella", hello how can any girl in there right mind say no to Edward!! Did you see it, what did you think, what were your favorite scenes??
Cole over at All the Small Stuff is also doing a review today of what she thought of the movie, so once you are finished here, hop over and see if Cole agreed with me or has a different opinion.
Awesome review!! You were much more organized with your thoughts, but we pretty much agree. :-)
ReplyDeleteloved it too! I can't stand bella at all and I really don't like Edward at all. I wish they had used the guy who played James as Edward. I think Edward looks and acts like a druggie and does not look or act anything like the Edward I know.
ReplyDelete