Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lori's Baby Shower

Well the day finally came where we got to celebrate the soon arrival of little baby L. Since Lori and her hubby Dave have decided to keep the name of this baby girl a secret/surprise we just refer to her as either baby girl or baby L. Lori's best friend Jaime from college, her sister in law Lisa, her mom Sharon and myself all worked together to plan a beautiful pink and brown themed shower for Lori. We couldn't have asked for a better day as it was beautiful here with temperature getting only to the upper 70's with lots of sunshine. The shower started at 2pm but, Lisa, Jaime, Sharon and even the soon to be momma showed up around 1pm to help get everything ready. Everything work out as planned probably even better than planned and Lori made out like a bandit with all the gifts.

How it all began!

Lori looking fabulous at 8 months pregnant.

Lisa, myself, Lori, Jaime and Sharon

I ordered the cake from Sarah's Cafe and it turned out GREAT!! It was just as I had pictured it, the outside was pink icing with chocolate brown fondant polka dots and the inside was 4 layers, yes, you read that correctly 4 layers of chocolate cake with almond icing in between each layer!

We of course had WAY too much food, but it was all delicious. We had chicken salad sandwiches on dollar rolls, home-made banana bread, fruit, spinach dip, mini quiches, and white pizza dip all along with punch and cake.


The party favors were probably one of the most fun for me to plan. I found the cutest little glass jars online that I filled with M & M's.

I also made some really cute pacifier cookies as well. I tried to take a picture of them but for some reason they picture didn't turned out very well. I got the idea from another blog I read called designergirl007

I also got a matte that we had everyone sign with a note to baby L, I wish I would have taken a picture of that once it was all signed it turned out really cute. Lori can take a picture of baby girl once she is born and place it in the matte surrounded with all that loving words from everyone here at the shower today, get it framed and hang it in her room.


Lori and her mom who is excited to be a grandma to her second grandbaby and granddaughter!

Grandma, Lori and Sharon

Future dad and mom

It was such a fun shower and I am so lucky to have been able to be a part of it. Thank you to Lisa and Jaime for going along with me and all my crazy ideas and emails. Lori you are such a great friend and person, I know that you will be the best mom, your baby couldn't ask for better parents.

3 comments:

  1. Lori girl, you are a gorgeous pregnant lady! I'm so glad you had fun on your shower day. And thank you so much to Julie for coordinating! Everything looked pretty and perfect. I wish I could have been there to help celebrate, but I was glad to send a smile across 4 states :)

    Love,
    Heidiann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looked great Julie!! LOVE the cake. Your little pacifiers turned out cute:) You looked pretty in your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what great pictures. Makes you feel like you were there, even if you were not able to attend. Such a happy event.

    ReplyDelete