Claire took some M & M's and Chocolate Covered Raisins to share with everyone!
All ready to go with Brooke to the movies.
Paige also had a ton of fun at gymnastics. She loved bouncing on the trampoline, swinging on the high bars and walking on the balance beam. The teacher of the class Ms.Jill was very impressed with Paige's ability to grab a hold of the bars and hang for so long. She practiced jumping, doing forward rolls and kicking. It was a lot of fun for both Paige and I as I enjoyed the time alone with her and watching the joy on her face.
This is something that brought a tear to my eye today and I wanted to share with you all. On Tuesday night all four of us were down in the basement playing and Claire was practicing writing on the chalkboard. She has been writing her name for about 6 months now, but on Tuesday she learned how to also write mom, dad and Paige. So after she got home from the movie today she got a piece of paper and was busy at work. I was not allowed to look until she was finished and then she told me to close my eyes and brought it over. It is the first picture that she has made for me with my name "mom" on it. I know if may seem silly, but it really touched me and she even wrote her name and drew me a picture. The first two things are shoes, ballet shoes in fact and then there are 3 people. The first one is her daddy, who she called her "superhero" last night, that was so darn cute too. We were talking about daddy's and she said my dad can do anything he is a superhero. The second person is Uncle Ryan and he and daddy are holding hands and the third person is Grandma. So it was a picture for me but I wasn't in it, oh well her making it for me and writing my name on it is all I need. Oh yes and some of you might notice that she left out the "R" in her name, that is because she hasn't quite mastered how to make one yet without some help and I wasn't allowed to look remember. :)
God I love my kids!
Wow, what a great day for both girls. I know Claire loved her first movie. So nice of Carol to take her. Paige looks so cute in the two pictures. Thanks, Claire, for including me in the picture. Claire is doing a great job of drawing and writing the names.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute post! I can't believe summer is almost over...so sad. Tell Cory hello!
ReplyDeleteWe all really had a good time too:) It was neat to be able to share in something that was a first for Claire! I have to admit that "I" just about ate ALL the choc cov. raisins myself...anyway...my thighs thank you:( We will definately do it again. Glad you got to spend some time with Paige, just the 2 of you.
ReplyDeleteWow - look at that picture - that is really good!!
ReplyDeletewhy do we get all tore up over such little things? I am such a sucker to even have my boys say I love you or give me a hug without me having to say it first.
ReplyDelete