Monday, August 17, 2009

Ahhh.... Enough is Enough

Back in July of 2007 I decided enough was enough and I had to get off the baby weight that I had gained through my pregnancy with Paige plus some, so I went on a major diet. Seven months later I was 40 pounds lighter and felt great! However, then in October of 2008 my clumsy a$$ stepped wrong coming down the steps in my sisters garage and broke my left foot. I remember the conversation I had with my sister so vividly like it happened yesterday. I was crying telling her how I was going to gain my weight back and get fat again. Being a sweet sister she consoled me and told me that no I wouldn't. Well we were both right, I did not gain any weight back then, well maybe 3 or 4 lbs, however, I did start eating like crap again, thus causing me now 9 months later to have put back on 15 of the pounds that I had lost. Before I broke my foot I was going to the gym at least 3 times a week and eating better than I have in a long time. Once I broke my foot obviously the gym was out of the question, I was not released from my doctor's care to start exercising again until February of 2009. Well heck by this time I was so out of the routine of the gym and exercising that I had NO desire to start back up again. Plus in all fairness I truly believe that I was going through a bit of depression, therefore eating what ever I wanted and that habit is SOOO hard to break. I have tried many times to get back on the wagon and start exercising again and I do great all week and then the weekend arrives. That is so hard as we eat out quite a bit on the weekends because I don't want to cook and we all know what happens when you eat out!

SO I have decided that I am truly going to stick with it starting today, Monday August 17th. I was thinking today while I was on the treadmill how I could make myself stick with it, I don't know about all of you but I need some kind of incentive. So I came up with two to hopefully keep me on the right track. First and probably the biggest one is that I have scheduled (and already paid so I can't back out) family pictures to be taken the end of October. Now everyone knows that you always look heavier in pictures especially in the face then you do in real life and I REFUSE to pay that much money and look fat in our pictures. So that is my biggest incentive, I have 2 months to lose at least the 15 lbs that I have gained if not more. Secondly, this is where you all come in, every Monday I am going to weigh in with you all. Now don't worry I am not going to tell you all my actual weight I am however, going to tell you how I am doing, if I lost weight and if so how much or if I gained weight and again if I did how much. When I did weight watchers back in 2002 I did really good because I dreaded going in every week and having them tell me I gained weight. I felt that I was not only letting myself down but I was letting them down as well. So every Monday I will blog about the previous week/weekend and how I did, I promise that I will be honest as lying defeats the purpose.

One last thing I know that a few of you out there are also having weight problems where you have lost some and are now gaining it back due to poor eating/exercising habits, so I am opening this up to you as well. Again you will have to be truthful as that is the only way it will work but if you want you can comment on my Monday blog and let everyone here know how you did the week/weekend previously. Maybe if we all do it together we can help/support one another. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Julie, as that is truly hard to always be conscious of everything you are putting in your mouth. Sounds like you got the determination so I am sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY!!! I am back!!! I have been going thru diet coke and computer withdrawls for a week. It is good to be home. Funny, you blogged about this today, as I was talking to my step mom in law over the weekend, about how I am DONE being this size!! and now that Both kids are in school at least in the am...I have got to get goin! Chase took a pic of mike and I on the beach the other day and YIKES! You know I have been so back and forth with this too. It is just beyond rediculous. I am gonna dig in starting tomorrow after the kids load the bus! I will weigh in on mondays. Feel free to yell at me and tell me to get goin, and i will do the same for you:) talk to ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... Julie I am on this band wagon.. I am starting Monday (8/24)and I will check in every Monday as well and let you know how I am doing.. The support will definitely help I know.. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete