Some of you have been asking me to post a few recipes that are low in fat. I have to be honest, I don't have many of those, however, here is one that is lower in fat, notice the word lower not low. :)
What you need:
* Vegetable Shortening, enough to grease the pan.
* 2 cups of flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3/4 cups of sugar
* 1/2 cup of applesauce
* 2 T Veg. Oil
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs, beaten
* 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
* 1/2 cups nuts
How to put it all together:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
* In another bowl whish together sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla extract.
* Whisk in eggs until combined.
* Using a large spoon stir in bananas and nuts.
* Gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined.
* Evenly pour batter into prepared pan
* Bake 50 minutes to an hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
Yum, Enjoy!
Can't wait to try it. I have a great recipe, but I always like to try something new
ReplyDeletesounds yummy Julie! I have some bananas that are looking sad, so this recipie may be in my near future:)
ReplyDelete