Thursday, August 13, 2009
Just Between Friends
So I have decided to try something new and pretty time consuming in the hope that all my time and energy will pay off in the end. It is through an organization called "Just Between Friends" or also known as JBF. A college friend of mine told me how she looks forward to the two times a year when JBF sets up shop. They have one in the spring and summer and then another one in the fall and winter months. It is basically a consignment shop where you can buy used clothes for cheap. I go to Once Upon a Child a few times a year to find clothes that my kiddos can wear to school and get paint and other things on or for them to wear outside during the summer. I love and hate OUC for the reasons of if you hit at the right time you can find some great deals and really cute clothes, however, if you don't then you won't find squat. Also, I have sold a few items to them in the past and they don't even give you half of what you paid for it, not even a fourth of what you paid in my opinion and they are REALLY picky as to what they take. So when my friend told me about JBF I decided to go onto their website and see what it was all about. I wasn't really thinking that I would shop as I already have all the clothes that I need, however, I was excited to see that you can get your own consigner number and sell clothes there as well. You do your own pricing and get 65% of what you sell. I know it isn't ideal we would love to get 100% of what is sold, but they are supplying the location and handle all the sales for you, I don't even have to be there, so I guess it is only fair that they get a cut. I can sit at home and watch on line as my clothes do or do not sell and how much they sell for. They have a really great set up so they can keep track as to who sells what and you get the money that you earned. Within two weeks of the sale being over you will receive a check in the mail with the amount that you earned. Even better is after the sale is over they will donate all of your clothes that did not sell so you don't have to go back to pick up the things that are left. If you have time and are interested in seeing how it all works and if they have one close to your home town you should check out their website. I thought I would try it at least once and see what happens after all I have a TON of clothes in the basement that Paige as outgrown and did not sell at our neighborhood garage sale this past spring. I have come to realize that selling children's clothes is a hard thing to do, you have to have people that want just that children's clothing and toys and people going to JBF are looking for exactly those things. Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know, I have opted not to do a cake the last few showers. I feel like so much of it gets wasted and that they really are a littel bit of a mess. I just did the baby cakes & the dipped strawberries for my sweet elements. I do cupcakes too sometimes. I will say that at that shower I forgot to say "no paper" when I ordered them. I usually get them without paper to make them cuter.
ReplyDelete