Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

Well today was the first official day of school, both the girls were SO excited! I am pleased to say that there were NO tears except for maybe a few inside mommy's heart when I left Paige. We dropped Claire off in her classroom first which was good because Paige got to see Claire's room and that she was staying. Then we made our way down to Paige's room and she was all smiles. She walked in, hung up her bag in her cubby and starting playing. I told her goodbye that I loved her and would be back soon, she did need one more hug/kiss before I left, but then she was off playing before I was out the door. Here are a few pictures I took of them before we headed out the door this morning.






Girls yelling "school"


Some of the other moms in Claire's class and I got all the kiddos lunch from Mickey D's and then headed to the park to eat and play, what a great way to start off the school year. It was a fun time for all of us! Cory and I are going to take them to the snocone place down the street from us tonight to celebrate them both having such a fabulous first day!

Now, for the weigh in..... After thinking about it and talking with a few of you I have decided to move the weigh in date to Wednesdays. I remember back when I did Weight Watchers I never would weigh in on a Monday because know matter how hard we all try you are bound to gain a pound or so over the weekend. So from now on we will weigh in on "Weigh in Wednesdays", however, I told you all that I would weigh in with you today so I will keep up my end of the bargain. From last Monday to this Monday I lost 3 lbs. As of Sunday morning I was down 4, but then I didn't go to the gym on Sunday and we had the family over for dinner so I gained a pound. Never the less I am pleased with my 3 lbs, now I only have to lose 12 more to be back to where I was and then I would like to lose another 10 after that, we will see. How did everyone else do?

2 comments:

  1. Glad they both enjoyed their 1st day!! LOVE that pic of them yelling school....classic:) Did you enjoy YOURSELF too?? I have NOT stepped on the scale today after having a long night at work and sleeping off and on today and eating like crap..I had pistacios and nutella for lunch...need I say more. Thank you for the invite to the class tomorrow. but I am going to help my friend after I get the kids on the bus, until B gets home at 1130. I WILL walk tomorrow though sometime. How did you do with all the yummies around last night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE the pics of the girls. so cute, especially the one where they are yelling school.. too funny! Congrads on the loss... I didn't do so good yesterday, hopefully I can get my act together the rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete