Seven Layer Taco Dip
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 small can of green chilies chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
DIRECTIONS:
1. Spread the refried beans onto a large serving platter.
2. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix with the sour cream and cream cheese. Spread over the refried beans.
3. Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green onions, green chilies and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.
I made this for my mother in laws birthday dinner and it was DELICIOUS!! After I made it I thought that we had way too much as it makes a lot. I was wrong though it was ALL eaten and everyone commented on how good it was and asked for the recipe. Also, I didn't use the lettuce as I was worried that it would wilt and get soggy and I didn't use the black olives as I am not a fan of them. Serve with you favorite chip, I used Tostitos Scoops...
Thanks for the recipe, Julie. It was so yummy!
ReplyDeletemmmmm, i love this stuff! thanks for sharing all the tasty temptations. have a great day!
ReplyDeletewe make 7-layer dip like once a week!
ReplyDelete