Spring is getting so close that I actually tasted it today! Over the weekend the girls and I ran to Sam's to get a few things and while we were there I saw they already have watermelons out. The girls and I all love watermelon so I decided to chance it and buy one fully expecting it to be a let down. When we got home I cut it up and put it into the fridge.
After the gym today I had to run by the grocery store to get a few things and saw that they had strawberries out and they actually looked pretty good and ripe. Again I took a chance as I think, well actually I know that Paige would eat them everyday for every meal if they were in season all year round. So we came home I washed the strawberries and cut some up along with some watermelon for lunch and my mouth did the happy dance. Ah, spring you are getting close aren't you? We are suppose to see sunshine and have temps in the mid to upper 50's this weekend!!
I love love love watermellon!!!
ReplyDeleteSam's has the best strawberries! I am so ready for Spring also! Usually in Louisiana, we don't get much cold weather, but for the past month, our highs have been in the 30s and 40s!
ReplyDeleteWatermelon and strawberries--what a winning combination. Sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen watermelon in the grocery store yet. I'm jealous!!
ReplyDeleteOh, great. Just in time for me to have to work allllll weekend in doors! Brooke is like Paige, she could eat strawberries and blueberries at every meal too!!
ReplyDelete