Hi all sorry I haven't blogged anything in a few days I just haven't had a whole lot to say, ha ha anyone who really knows me finds this hard to believe. Okay I guess I should say anything to talk about that you all would be interested in. Now that the weekend is over I do have a few things to share with you.
First and for most my Christmas shopping is officially over! I have basically been down for a week now just needed to find something for my niece and now that I have I can officially say I am FINISHED! I did a lot of wrapping of presents this weekend and can almost say that I am done with that too.
Friday night Cory and I had a date night which was so nice, we haven't gone out just the two of us in awhile. First we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, had Spicy Cashew Chicken and a piece of Oreo cheesecake and then went and saw the movie Blind Side. Oh my goodness, if you haven't seen it grab your significant other or a girlfriend and go see it. It was so good!!! One of the BEST movies I have seen in a couple of years and I am not kidding. It is such a feel good movie and the fact that it is a true story makes it that much better. Any of my girlfriends that haven't seen it and want to, I will go again just let me know when you want to go.
Saturday during the day was a pretty low key day, we all just stayed home and relaxed as a family, played a little Wii and had family time. Saturday night we all hopped in the car, Killian too, and headed over to an awesome light display that is about 15 minutes from our house. We went for the first time last year and will probably make it a yearly tradition from here on out. The family has decorated their house with thousands maybe even millions of lights and you tune your car radio into the station 95.1 and watch as the lights dance/coordinate with the Christmas music. It is really pretty and the girls love sitting on our laps (while the car is parked of course) and watching.
Today was another low key day, Cory grouted the girls bathroom so by next weekend the girls should be able to take baths!! I know it has been a long time coming but we are finally at the end of the road and are definitely ready!! Cory has come down with something too, he feels like crap, yet he still found the energy to get in their and grout, god love him.
What about all of you, what did you do this weekend, anything exciting??
Oh, I want to see the Blind Side! If I don't find someone to see it with - I'm just going to go alone. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fabulous date night! And HURRAY for the girls getting to take baths soon!
If I lived near you I'd go see the Blind Side with you again! I saw it a few days ago and LOVED it! It will be one for our DVD collection. What an inspiring story! And that women was made of steel wasn't she. Sounds like you had a really lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love those kind of weekends! Took the kids to the mall yesterday and it felt like old times, when I was a teen, browsing the mall. I still want to see that movie, I will prob. go some fri morning for 5bucks, if you want to see it again.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see Blind Side. I am trying to have a me night, but something just keeps coming up.
ReplyDeleteWhere is that light display? That sounds fun...and convenient! Glad you had a fun weekend.
ReplyDelete