I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Herman our Elf. He arrived on Thanksgiving morning and has been watching over the girls every day and then giving Santa a nightly report on how their day was. We LOVE this little guy especially Paige, she would get out of bed every morning between 7-7:30am (one morning it was 6 something) to start her search for him and where his new "watching" spot was for the day. It was actually getting a little ridiculous, normally we don't get up in this house until 8-8:30am, so I had to have a talk with Paige and tell her that she has been getting up too early and Herman doesn't come back up 8am. Hey it worked we are back on our normal sleeping schedule. :) Cory and I are really enjoying his stay as well, when the girls are acting up, not listening, whining, fighting etc. we simple say "Herman are you hearing/seeing all this, please be sure to report this to Santa". Immediately the girls stop, apologize to us, each other and most importantly Herman. For those of you wondering how we came up with the name Herman, that is all Claire. When we read the book that came with him it said we had to name him as a family and that was the first name that popped out of her mouth. At first Cory tried to talk them into a new name, but I liked Herman and told him to leave it alone, that is what Claire picked and Paige agreed, so there you have it.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Herman
I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Herman our Elf. He arrived on Thanksgiving morning and has been watching over the girls every day and then giving Santa a nightly report on how their day was. We LOVE this little guy especially Paige, she would get out of bed every morning between 7-7:30am (one morning it was 6 something) to start her search for him and where his new "watching" spot was for the day. It was actually getting a little ridiculous, normally we don't get up in this house until 8-8:30am, so I had to have a talk with Paige and tell her that she has been getting up too early and Herman doesn't come back up 8am. Hey it worked we are back on our normal sleeping schedule. :) Cory and I are really enjoying his stay as well, when the girls are acting up, not listening, whining, fighting etc. we simple say "Herman are you hearing/seeing all this, please be sure to report this to Santa". Immediately the girls stop, apologize to us, each other and most importantly Herman. For those of you wondering how we came up with the name Herman, that is all Claire. When we read the book that came with him it said we had to name him as a family and that was the first name that popped out of her mouth. At first Cory tried to talk them into a new name, but I liked Herman and told him to leave it alone, that is what Claire picked and Paige agreed, so there you have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I babysat last Friday, Paige talked to Herman several times. I could tell she really likes him. It will be hard to give him up once Christmas is over.
ReplyDeleteLOL - my grandma has a "Herman" elf. I used to love playing with him when I was little. Too funny that he has such an effect on the girls.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! Based on Connor's behavior today, I need a "Herman!" BTW- I LOVE your new header pic!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the name Herman, where do they even hear these names? (Ours is Paco.)
ReplyDeleteShoulda, coulda, woulda, come up with the Elf on the Shelf idea! What a hit.
I'm so glad that the girls like the Elf on the Shelf! A few of my friends have EXTREMELY stressed out kids because of their elves....
ReplyDeleteI think I would keep Herman out all year long!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! We might have to get a Herman for our house.
ReplyDelete