If you were to come to our house this time of year here are some of the things that you would see.
Our fireplace all lit up with our stockings hanging with care.

Yes I need to add a picture of the girls in the snowflakes to make it complete and have been meaning to do it for two years now, hopefully I will remember to do it this year! :)

Our new Advent calendar. The girls absolutely LOVE hanging something new on the tree every day, Claire does the odds and Paige does the evens. It is really nice too because the girls both know that once we get to the last pocket and hang the Santa face, Christmas is the next day.

Here is one of my most cherished decorations. My dad, yes, my dad made this for me right after I got married. If you look on the third row down from the top you will see the letters, J & U. If you were able to spin it around you would see that it spells out my first name and then the bottom row you can see the letters, M, O and Y spelling out our last name. He took the time to clue all the blocks together and to clue all the figurines onto all the blocks.

I collect "Possible Dreams" Santa and here are a few of my favorites.




Now to the tree and some of my favorite ornaments. Here is one for Claire's 1st Christmas in 2005.

Paige's 1st in 2007.

I got this one for mine and Cory's 1st Christmas together. We didn't get married until 2001, but we got engaged in August of 2000 and Cory bought his first house in July. I moved in with him in September so 2000 was the first Christmas we spent together in our 1st house.

Our 1st Christmas married

I love this one, a friend of mine bought this ornament for another friend who just had a baby and when I saw it I feel in love with the idea and went and got one for both the girls.


Just a few more of my favorites. They all have memories as for many years my mom, sister and I would go shopping the day after Christmas and hit the sales at Macy's and Dillards where we would get good deals on the ornaments and Santa's.
Awesome tour of your Christmas decorations. My favorite ornament is the chubby snowman.
ReplyDelete:-)
I love it all! I am getting a "tour" of my house ready to post too!
ReplyDeleteLove the monogramed ornaments!! Can't believe you posted that one for Paige with that imposter picture in it..too funny. That green one is beautiful too. Love Killians stocking :)
ReplyDeleteWhat, Carol what are you talking about I would never do that. Can't you tell that is Paige in the picture frame. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a bunch of awesome decorations! Your house is so fun and cheerful. Your tree is so pretty too. Thanks for the comments today on my blog.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and yours!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
Aw, beautiful decorations!
ReplyDelete