Friday, December 18, 2009
Starting a new family tradition
I made sugar cookies yesterday and then after dinner we all decorated them together. The girls absolutely had a ball and didn't want to stop, Cory on the other hand was done as soon as we began. He is such a guy wondering why I was putting the wax paper on the table in front of the girls (he very quickly understood as he was saying "oh my god the icing is going everywhere") yes dear that is why we have wax paper covering the table. Claire did a pretty good job as she understood not to get too much icing on the spoon and to smooth it out over the cookie. Paige on the other hand was plunging her spoon into the icing covering it with icing and putting way too much on the cookies. Cory hung in there until I said okay I will finish up, why don't you go give the girls a bath. However when I came up stairs and heard him getting frustrated because the girls had gotten water all over the floor (that is what you get for leaving them unattended, did I just say that)and his sweatshirt was all wet, he might have preferred to finish icing the cookies while I gave the bath. Oh well it is a learning experience for everyone, the girls really enjoyed it and it will get easier for everyone as the girls get older, here's to next year!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun! That looks like the icing we used to use to decorate when we were little. is it made with milk and powdered sugar?
ReplyDeleteYep, milk and powdered sugar so easy and good!
ReplyDeleteWe do this every year, too, and it IS a mess, but so fun!!! I think we will tackle our cookies this weekend or early next week!
ReplyDeleteWe do this too! Messes will get cleaned up, the memories last forever.
ReplyDeletewe tried that one once, but I was more annoyed by the mess than anything.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the girls were having a great time which is what is important.
ReplyDeleteHa - I'm doing that this week sometime! Ran out of time over the weekend!
ReplyDelete