Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking for a new read

I am not a very big reader, never have been, but when I do get a hold of a good book, Harry Potter Series and Twilight Series I really enjoy reading and can't put them down. Ever since I finished Breaking Dawn which was almost a year ago I haven't been able to find a new book that really grabs my interest. I was at Target the other day looking in their book section for a new book when I came across the House of Night Series. I have never heard of this series but when I saw that there are six books in the series I figured it had to be pretty good. I am almost half way through the first book "Marked" and from what I can tell so far it is kind of like Harry Potter but with Vampires. Once you are "marked" to become a vampire you go to a school that is only for young adults who have been "marked" and are going through the transition of turning into a vampire. Of course all the teachers at the school are vampires and helping the students to understand what is happening to them and teaching them the history of vampires.
I will finish the book as I want to see what will happen to the characters I have meet so far, but so far I have not gotten to the point where I am dying to see what will happen next and can't put the book down. Have any of you read this series or are you currently reading them? I would love to hear your thoughts, should I stick with them or finish "Marked" and be done with them???

5 comments:

  1. I got the first four books for Christmas! I finished all of them by Sunday night (I read FAST!), and stopped at Barnes and Noble last night to pick up the last two.

    I'm really interested to see what you think. We should compare notes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of that series yet. I just finished a really good book. It's called The Help, and I highly recommend it if you are looking for something else to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some new books to read, I just wish I had the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to respond to your comment on my blog and realized that you don't have it linked to an email address. :-(

    I do like the House of Night series. Honestly, I liked Twilight better. Twilight is more (I can't believe I'm going to say this...) realistic. House of Night is a bit more fantasy, but you better believe I'll still be reading each and every one that PC and Kristin Cast put out. If you'd like to read even more about vampires - read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. LOVED them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have looked at it several times, but keep passing it up. I just started Under the Dome...it's Steven Kings 1,200 page book!

    ReplyDelete