Friday, February 19, 2010

VIP Day

Tomorrow is VIP day at Clarie's school and she is taking.......... daddy of course! While I was at school this morning dropping her off one of the other moms pointed out the cute drawings that were hanging on the wall behind me, when I turned around I noticed that they were mostly of everyone's daddy's. I had to find Claire's and take a peak before she brings it home after VIP tomorrow. The picture was of Cory and had short spiky hair all over his head along with these short lines coming out from all around his face. At first I couldn't figure out what the lines were all about and then once I read the description she had written about him I quickly realized those short lines coming out of his face were his beard (which he no longer has, but whatever). After I read what was written I was seconds away from tears streaming down my face! I had to quickly pull it together as I didn't want to start gushing in front of the other moms and teachers. I turned to one of the teachers and told her that I just read what Claire had written about her daddy and was almost in tears, I then told her that if it would have been about me I would have been. She told me your turn comes at the end of the year for our Tea in May, oh great I am going to be a mess I just know it. I can't remember exactly what Claire wrote about Cory as I read it quickly so I would not disturb the class, but here is some of what she said.


My dads name is Cory, he has black hair, a black beard and his eyes are blue. He works at Purina and can get coupons for free dog food. His favorite drink is Pepsi and his favorite food is Ramen Noodle Soup. In the summer time he gets us tickets through work to go see baseball games. I love to swim with him in the pool and get on his back. I also love to sneak into bed with him in the mornings and snuggle.

OMG, it still gets me choked up it is so sweet to hear all the things she remembers about him. I know that they are all good memories and things she loves to do with him. As for the Ramen Noodle, it isn't really his favorite food, but when he does make it along with grilled cheese on a cold Saturday afternoon for lunch, she loves to sit with him and eat the soup together. I will take a picture of her drawing of him and post it along with her exact words about him later this weekend of beginning of next week. I still can't believe she is getting ready to start elementary school, where did my precious baby go??

5 comments:

  1. how sweet is that! Funny the things they focus on, huh. It goes to show, you don't have to take them on extravagent trips or places...they remember eating soup :) Can't wait to see her picture she drew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely adorable!! I would have been close to tears too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connor did one of these about me last May and it about killed me. Of course, I WAS 39 weeks pregnant, but I think it would have no matter what! I love hearing what they think and remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet. Kids can melt you better than anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, sniff sniff, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete