Friday, February 26, 2010

Claire

The mind of a almost 5 year old is so fun to me. Claire has been telling me lately that she wants me to have another baby and will rub my stomach and talk to it like there is already a baby in there. I know this is mainly do to the fact that everyone around us seems to be pregnant with a baby or just had one. A lot of her friends from preschool have just had a baby brother or sister and her aunt Lauren is pregnant with her first baby and due in 6 weeks. I tell her that I was willing to have another baby and her daddy just didn't want anymore (and for this I am truly sad). Her response to me was this "just break up with daddy and go find a new daddy to have a baby with". I of course explained to her that it doesn't work that way and she would be sad if we had a new daddy, she agreed, but still hasn't given up hope of having another little sister or brother. Cory and I were trying to figure out where she would have come up with the idea of just breaking up with someone and moving on, who knows, like I said the brain of a almost 5 year old is fascinating.

Claire will have to give up on that hope just as I did because Cory has his vasectomy scheduled for this coming Thursday. I have mixed emotions about this, it is really hard for me to know that it will be final and I will never have another baby. At times I just don't feel like I am done having babies, if Cory would have agreed we would have already had another one as I was more than willing to try again once Paige started getting out of the baby phase and becoming a toddler. Some of my friends joke and say that if I want another baby I could have one as the women has the final say and this is true, but I would never want to trick him into having a third. We are totally out of baby mode around here no more diapers, in big girl beds and life is easy, but I will always wonder what if we had a third. Cory tries to tell me that I am getting older and we are past the point of having babies, I will be 33 the end of March and to me that is still plenty young. Oh well, needless to say Thursday will be a hard/sad day for me, I just hope it is the right decision.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you on Thursday. Such a tough thing to know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be like me....Just ask God to show you if you are making the right decision, and He will put you in early menopause too!! That is a definate sign that you are done having babies :) Tell Cory, we have plenty of frozen veggies over here if he needs to borrow any thursday hee hee.

    ReplyDelete