Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Following in daddy's footsteps....

When Cory was a little boy he somehow got a bead stuck up his nose and his mom had to get an ice pick to get it out. I know I thought the same thing an ice pick, hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do right? It worked and no hospital visit was required. With keeping that in the back of your mind I will continue on with what occurred in our house tonight.
Claire was given some Pixos for Christmas (yes, you can probably already guessed where this is headed). The girls love to make things on Tuesdays and Thursdays with their baby sitter out of the Pixos and today was no different. When I got home from work Paige greeted me and showed me the "turtle" they had made today. It was still a little wet so it was drying on the counter. Flashing forward to bedtime, Cory and I have tucked both the girls into bed and are settled in on the couch for some American Idol and Lost when we hear Paige through the monitor. Paige-"Dad, I need you", Cory-"what do you need Paige", Paige-"I just need you to come up here", Cory-"Go to sleep Paige", Paige-"I really need you", Cory-"If you need something that badly you can come down here". I should clarify that Paige has been a stinker to get to bed lately and it seems like every night she needs us for one thing or another so Cory thought she was just crying wolf. Anyways, Paige hops out of bed and comes bouncing down the stairs looking all cute with her p.j.'s on. First, she came to me in the kitchen, but I was on the phone with my mother in law seeing how Cory's grandma's surgery went today (she had to get her gall bladder taken out which I am all too familiar with as mine was taken out 2 years ago this past Jan, everything went very well and she is recovering nicely). Next thing I know Cory is telling Paige to blow, blow harder, blow like you mean it and bringing her into the kitchen. When I ask what is going on he tells me that Paige has stuck two Pixos up her nose! Well great, I don't have any ice picks. :) Also, how did the "turtle" get from drying on the counter to up in her bedroom on her nightstand? After Cory plugged her right nostril with his finger and had her blow hard a few times, sure enough a black Pixo bead came flying out. We had her blow a few more times and all seemed to be clear, but Paige kept saying it still felt like something was up her nose. I had Cory grab a flashlight and we tipped her back to see if we could see the other Pixo that she said she put up her nose. I could not see any other beads and was almost positive that what I was seeing was a straight shot of her nasal cavity up to her brain......... So off to bed she went.

We are not use to so much excitement in our house. Way to go Paige, there are many ways that you can follow in your daddy's footsteps and he and I would both be very proud of you, but lets not do something like this again.

6 comments:

  1. oh no! i stuck a flower seed up my nose as a kid, and bennett one stuck a spiral piece of macaroni up his nose. good times...

    glad paige is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I'm glad Paige is OK! I had to laugh though. I've hear a bunch of "they stuck something up their nose" stories lately. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old "bead up the nose trick", oh yeah, I am just waiting for that to happen with us. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, i did comment yesterday while half asleep, but where is it...I guess the part about being half asleep is my answer, huh! it sounds like you all had a much more fun night than me, at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Talk about excitement.. Glad she is OK...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh girl! how crazy was that. Thank God is 29 combined years of being a mom to 3 boys...no one have ever got anything stuck up their nose. Now Boston did shoot himself in the foot with a bb gun...I had to dig that out, but nothing up the nose.

    ReplyDelete