Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Winner is....

*Update on the color, I know a lot of you have commented that you like the color, however, I really think that it is a little too bright for me. I went back to Benjamin Moore today and had them mix me a gallon of one shade lighter than the color that I currently have. It is hard to tell in the picture but it really is a bit blinding, I will let you know what I think once I have finished painting again tomorrow, wish me luck!

The color I decided to go with for the girls bathroom is lime green and I will do pink accents throughout. After I finished painting it yesterday I was really excited on how it turned out, however, 2 hours later when it was really dry I wasn't as sure. This first picture is how I thought it was going to turn out, however now that it is completely dry it looks more like you see it in the last two pictures with the lights on. I think I am going to go ahead and have Cory put the sink and toilet in as well as getting the mirrors hung and see how it all turns out. My parents came over and saw it and both liked it, they said they have been through a lot homes and people always do fun/bright colors in the kids bathrooms. Hopefully it will grow on me once everything is complete, if not I will go back to the drawing boards and try again. What are your thoughts???




Can you tell the difference??

7 comments:

  1. That's almost the exact color of our kid's bathroom. So, naturally I love it. I like a bright green bathroom. It's very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Elizabeth is getting so prissy and really expressing what she likes and dislikes! I love green in a bathroom! What a bright fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard to judge paint colors in pictures. I'll have to reserve my comments for when I see it in person on Friday. :) However, if you are thinking its too bright, remember that the sink will cover up a lot of it and help balance out the colors.

    ReplyDelete