Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesdays Tasties

Chicken Fried Pork with Mashed Potatoes

What you need:
* 2 med. eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 t. salt
* 1/2 t. black pepper
* 1/2 t. hot sauce
* 1/2 cup Parmesan bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
* 1/4- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper (all depends how much of a kick up want)
* 4 pork cube steaks
* 4 T Canola Oil
* 1 package frozen red skin mashed potatoes w/pan gravy (the gravy is what makes it)

Let's Make it:
*In pie plate or shallow bowl mix bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan Cheese and Cayenne.
*In a medium bowl whisk eggs then add milk, salt, black pepper and hot sauce whisk again.
*Dip cube steaks in egg mixture coating both sides. Dredge pork in flour mixture, pressing lightly so breading adheres. Repeat w/ all cube steaks.
* In nonstick 12-inch skillet heat 2 T oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook cube steaks 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or until golden brown, crispy and internal temp. reaches 145 degrees. Repeat w/ remaining pork adding additional oil to pan as needed.
* Meanwhile, prepare mashed potatoes and gravy as label directs. Serve steaks w/potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. sounds good, but I don't fry anything at all. Not really because I'm healthy or anything, I just hate the mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not this really is not very messy. I also fry pork chops and chicken which are terribly messy, this to my surprise hardly made a mess at all. However, I totally understand not wanting to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yummy!! Thanks for sharing with TATT! I love when new people join in the fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete