First off I want to say welcome to any new readers to my blog, I have noticed that I have some new followers and I am thrilled you have joined us.
This was pretty much the first week of the fall line up so I thought I would share some of my thoughts about a few of the shows and would love to hear what you all thought as well. We have had a couple of shows that started a few weeks ago but this week was the return of Grey's and the start of FlashForward. Let's go back just for a few minutes and discuss some of the other shows that started up last week or the week prior, if there is a show that you watch and think that I need to check it out please let me know as I am always interested in watching something new and good.
One Tree Hill- Use to watch this show all the time and enjoyed it (I know a thirty something mom of 2 watching OTH, hush). Anyways it was good while they were in high school but then last year we flashed forward 4 years and it just wasn't the same. Now this year we have skipped ahead another 1.5 years and Lucas and Peyton are no longer in the equation. I read that both Chad Michael Murray and Hillary Burton have decided to end the contracts with OTH, thus they did not return this season, I have decided it was also my time to say goodbye to OTH.
The Vampire Dairies- The first episode of this show was pretty good, maybe it is because I LOVE vampires and like to think that one day Edward will come for me. :) Don't worry my loving husband knows all about my obsession for him. Anyways, the first episode was good enough to intrigue me to watch the second episode but, that one was a let down. So I still have this weeks episode saved on my TIVO but have yet to watch it, I will let you know what I think later.
As for the shows that started this week:
Dancing with the Stars- Wow, there aren't very many "stars" on there that can dance. I would have to say that out of the men my favorites are Donny Osmond, Aaron Carter and Mark Dacascous these are the three who I predict will be around for awhile. For the women Kelly Osbourne (WOW was she good, I never expected her to be so light footed)Natalie Coughlin, Mya and Joanna Krupa are my predictions for the girls. Thank goodness Macy Gray went home this week, not to be mean but she was horrible. The whole time she danced her mouth was open I thought for sure she would eat a bug or two.
So You Think You Can Dance- we are still in the auditions but the are fun to watch. I swear Mary Murphy is a riot she cracks me up ever episode no matter if she is trying to or not. I have seen a lot of good dancers in the auditions I think this season will be a really good one and a tough one for the judges to decide who is in the top 20.
NCIS Los Angeles- Obviously this was not one of my picks but Cory's, however, I did watch it with him as I like Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J. I was impressed for a guy show it was pretty good, I will continue to watch it. I want to know what Chris O'Donnell's name is, throughout the episode they refer to him as "G", he doesn't know what it stands for (he was raised in the system and was never told his full first name all he knows is that it starts with the letter G) but, I am sure we will find out as the show moves on.
Eastwick- It is waiting on my TIVO for me to watch I haven't had time to watch it yet, I will catch up with it this weekend.
Glee- Now talk about a let down, this sure was one for me. The pilot was really good and funny, I was really excited for this show to start up but I have been disappointed with the last two weeks. I told Cory that it isn't what I was hoping for and if it doesn't turn around in the next week or two I am finished with it as there are too many other good shows I could be watching.
Law & Order SVU- I love this show, I have ever since it began back in 1999. Yes, I will admit that I haven't watched it faithfully over the last 10 years but every time I tune in I am never disappointed. The characters Olivia and Stabler are great and now that we have a TIVO that can record two shows at the same time I have put it back in to start watching every week.
Survivor- All I can say is WOW, this should be a interesting season as Russell Hantz the 36 year old, oil company owner is a totally jerk! Again I haven't had a chance to watch last nights yet as I had to watch Grey's and FlashForward so I don't know what happened this week or if the others are finally catching on to him but man he is up to no good.
NOW FOR THE GOOD ONES!!
Grey's Anatomy- Yes it was sad to see George go but again I was disappointed. Their finale was SO good that the first episode back didn't even come close. I had a feeling that they were going to somehow get the other hospital "Mercy West" involved this year as I had read that new characters were being brought in. With both Katherine Heigel and Ellen Pompeo being out for awhile it should be interesting to see what happens with the show.
FlashForward- Was AWESOME!! Both Cory and I agreed that this looks like it is going to be another good show by the producers of LOST! I was pretty impressed with the two of us as we figured out things before they were told to us, examples being Cory figured out that the reason the other FBI guy didn't see a flash was because he is probably dead, they later confirmed our his thought. I thought that the reason the little boy knew Olivia at the hospital is because he ends up living with her in the future, it was later revealed that his father is the man that Olivia left her husband for therefore my theory was correct. I just loved how it was making us think already and try to piece together everything.
I can not wait for Private Practice to start back up next week. Out of all the shows that I watch this one had the biggest cliff hanger with Violet and the baby, I can't wait to see what happens. Whew, I think that is all for now, what are some of your favorite fall shows?
Wow - Out of that list, I've only seen FlashForward and Grey's. I've missed everything else. But I loved FF. I thought it was so good. Lee is out of town so I recorded it and I can't wait to watch it again with him. And I didn't know that Charlie going to be on it too! Yay Charlie!
ReplyDeleteI liked Grey's for the most part. I thought it was funny and sweet - I'm alittle tired of Bailey being such a grump. I like the funny Bailey. And I hope they don't get too political with the whole message of the show and healthcare, blah, blah, blah...Just let us watch a show! But otherwise, I liked it.
Dave & I watched Flash Forward as well. Looks very interesting, especially since this will be the final season of Lost. (boo) But, I wonder if its going to end on April 8, 2010?
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that was dissapointed in Grey's last night... It just really didn't hold my interest like they usually do.
ReplyDeleteLove your vampire comments too... My husband knows that I would runaway with Edward also.
Anyway, loved your blog and I think I'll be a follower!
Dancing With The Stars usually starts out a little slow for me... but by the 3rd or 4th week, I have a favorite or two. I'm so impressed with Kelly Osborne!
ReplyDeleteOh, I cried through Grey's Anatomy. It's one of my FAVORITE shows. NCIS is another fave...though NCIS Los Angeles didn't hold my attention. I'll give it a few weeks before I give up though.
I can't wait for Private Practice and Ugly Betty to come back!
FF is gonna be THE show this season, huh! I hope they don't go the expected route (which will also be cheesey) and blame all this on aliens! One of my fav parts is when they showed that guy dressed in black walking all creepy at the ballgame while everyone else was out.
ReplyDeleteI, too, was let down a little with Grey's esp after that Finale. But it will be good! That new show Mercy, I was all pumped up to watch will NOT be on my DVR...bad. Which is a good thing bc this tv stuff is turning into my 2nd part time job:)
Do you watch CBS Monday nights? My husband and I are glued to The Big Bang Theory and Two and A Half Men. I have to agree with you on FF...we loved it! We were also trying to figure out what was going on! I thought the first half of Grey's was good, but the second half was kinda boring. I cannot wait until Private Practice comes back either! I love this time of the year!
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend, you are speaking my language! I am a fall line-up fan! My favorites are Greys, Survivor, Vampire D, Dexter, The Tudors, all the CSI's except Miami, & Bones...I could go on and on! My favorite by far is Greys, Bones and Dexter. I did think Greys was a little slow to get going, and I was a little sad that Tempie and Booth are still not admiting that they are in luv on Bones. Dexter starts tomorrow on Showtime! Yeah! As for Survivor...I love the oil guy and I think its going to be a great season. I am only putting up with the Vap until Nov 20th when New Moon comes out. I am getting ready to watch FF on DVR...I will let you know what I think.
ReplyDeleteHi! I just stumbled on your blog from Kelly's Korner. Your family is precious! Your girls are just darling. I loved your TV lineup recap! I am a Dancing with the stars and SYTYCD lover! My husband thinks there is "always a dancing show on!" and he's kind of right! ha. I also love the Biggest Loser.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! Have a great week!