Last night Cory and I took the girls to a Cardinal baseball game, it was St. Louis verses the Milwaukee Brewers, this was Claire's second game but Paige's first! We all had such a great time and the girls were absolutely perfect!! We stayed until the top of the 8th inning, it was such a great game that nobody was ready to go. At the top of the 3rd inning we went out and saw Fredbird, Paige fell in love with him right away and Claire still talks about him from her first time meeting him earlier this summer! We had to get in line twice to see him and give him high fives! Good ol Albert gave us what we were looking for at the bottom of the 4th inning with a home run and some fireworks. Both the girls were so excited but for different reasons. Claire was excited that Albert hit a home run, he is the only Cardinal player that she knows by name and talks about all the time. Paige was excited because of the fireworks. Since we were out of town for the 4th of July this year we didn't get to see any, we took her when she was one but she doesn't remember so that was kind of like her first experience with them, thank you Mr. Pujols. It was so cute because after the fireworks were over Paige kept asking to see more, I tried to explain to her that they only go off if a Cardinal player hits a home run. From then on she was telling all the players that came up to bat to hit the ball so she could see more fireworks, even if they were on the Brewers! Around the 6th inning the girls were starting to get tired but both wanted to stay and sing "Take me out to the Ballgame" with the rest of the stadium. So they hung in there until the middle of the 7th when we all sang what they had been waiting for. Cory asked the girls if they were ready to go and they both said "yes" I however, wanted to watch the Cards bat one more time and it was a good thing we stuck around because Paige's wish came true when Matt Holliday delivered a home run getting not only himself a run but two other Cardinals in from 1st and 3rd base. We were now up 7-4 saw some more fireworks and headed home!! When I asked the girls this morning what their favorite part about last night was, Claire said Albert hitting the home run and Paige responded Fredbird and the fireworks.
The girls dressed in their Cardinal shirts anxiously waiting to leave!




Finally, we have met up with daddy and are at the stadium. It was so cute the whole way walking to the stadium Paige was taking everything in. Her eyes were so wide as she observed everything around her!

Our first meeting with Fredbird.

Everybody now!

Seeing Fredbird for the second time!



Claire was content with lollipops and holding our tickets.

All we had to do to keep Paige entertained was this, "Where is Paige"

"Ohh there she is", too easy right!


There he is Mr. Pujols

Think it is so cool how they have the outline of the Arch in the outfield
I didn't want any of you out there to think that I forgot about Weigh in Wednesday, I just didn't want to put it the post along with the ballgame. I weighed myself this morning and am down somewhere between 1.5-2 pounds, my scale couldn't make up it's mind. So I am either down 6.5 or 7 lbs. How did the rest of you do???
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!! I am SO JEALOUS!!!! The pictures are GREAT OF EVERYONE!!! Wish I could have been there.. Oh, I just love that Pujols!!! Looks like everyone had a good time... I only have one question, where is Cory's red shirt???
ReplyDeleteI am glad it was such a successful visit to the ballpark. I am impressed you were able to stick it out so long, especially with Paige. She sure did hang in there. You had a beautiful evening to be outside and looked like a great game, too. I am glad they got the homeruns so Paige could see the fireworks. Great pictures of everyone.
ReplyDeleteYes, looks like you all had a great time!! So fun. As far as the wednesday weigh in. It totally escaped my mind after working, plus, like I told you, it has NOT been a good diet day!!
ReplyDelete