Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend full of C's

We had a fun weekend even though the temperatures here were in the middle to upper 90's with heat index around 110. Friday night we went into my mother and father in laws house to celebrate Cory's birthday and to welcome his Aunt Lisa who is visiting from Las Vegas. Connie made a delicious dinner, Cory's favorite, hot chicken fingers. We also had homemade mashed potatoes and rolls along with fresh veggies. For dessert she made one of Cory's favorite's pumpkin pie! I have never been a very big fan of pumpkin pie, during the holidays I will either have apple, pecan or lemon meringue instead however, I had a small pie the other night and it sure was yummy, I may have to give it a try again this fall.

Saturday night Connie, Lisa and I took the girls up to the Carnival that was in town. Cory was still working on getting the bath tub in the girls bathroom so he needed to continue doing that with Bob's help, while the ladies and I endured the heat. We didn't leave the house until 7:15ish trying to wait for the sun to start going down and hopefully cool off some. Even though we waited I was still sweating my butt off and I think the temp in my car said 92. All and all I am so glad that we took the girls they had a BLAST!! Claire has been to at least 3 or 4 carnivals before but this was Paige's first time. I was waiting to see how she would do on the rides and have to admit that I really wasn't all that surprised when she didn't bat an eye and got on all the rides Claire wanted to. They both were grinning from ear to ear from the time the ride started until it stopped. On the way out I got the girls their first snow cones, Claire wanted cherry and Paige grape. Claire loved her and ate it all where Paige didn't care for the coldness of the ice and only wanted the juice. Lisa got some cotton candy for the girls to try, again Claire loved it and Paige not so much. Grandma also bought some kettle corn to take home, you just can't go to a carnival and not spend money on junk food. When we got home before Claire went to bed she said "Thank you for taking me to the carnival mommy" and then again in the morning as soon as she got up she thanked me again. How can I say no to that!











On Sunday Cory took the girls to the pool while I went with Connie and Lisa to the Cardinal game. It was so nice to not have the girls with me and to just enjoy adult conversation and eat my food while it was still warm, drink my beer while it was still cold and not have to share it with anyone else's little fingers(the food of course). The weather was beautiful, there was a nice breeze and it was only about 85 degrees. We couldn't have had a better day for it even though the Cardinals lost, we still had fun! The girls enjoyed spending time with Cory as he did with them as well, in Claire's words it was Claire, Paige and Daddy time.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, you were busy!! Sounds like you all had a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete