I got up the courage with some help from my friend/neighbor Carol and recovered my dining room chairs. I have had the fabric now for at least a month, but have never recovered chairs before and we don't have a simple staple gun. I know out of all the tools that my husband owns he doesn't have a simple staple gun, of course not we have a air compressor that does everything from filling up the air in our car tires, to stapling, to nailing so why would we need a simple hand held staple gun?? For simple projects like recovering chairs and for the wife who won't dare touch an air compressor when my husband isn't home to show me how, I mean lord I don't even know how to turn the thing on yet alone operate it.
Anyways.... another HUGE THANK YOU to Carol who gave me the courage to make the first cut on the fabric and helped me hold the fabric tight enough so it wouldn't buckle. She was also my corner tucker while I went along with the staple gun, that was hers too of course. So here is how they turned out a simple before and after photo for you all, let me know what you think!!



Picture of the chairs in the room, as requested by Lori:
Whoo hoo, they look so nice. What a difference the color makes. Great job to both of you ladies!
ReplyDeleteFancy..I like them! Post a picture of how they look in the room.
ReplyDeletevery cute! good job!
ReplyDeleteOoh, they all look so nice around the table. I really had fun helping you! It is nice to spend time doing something you like to do, ya know! What's our next project??? :)
ReplyDelete