Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bye Bye Baby Furniture

Well it is official Paige is no longer in her crib I went out and bought her a double bed and all the bedding to go along with it. I can not believe how well she transitioned into the "big girl" bed. Here she is only 25 and a half months old and sleeping in her big bed like a pro. She has been great about transition with everything, taking away her binky, she didn't even cry or ask for it once. Going from a sippy cup to a big girl cup with no lid, didn't bat an eye. Potty training, had it down in a little over a week and now out of her crib. It is like someone is trying to tell me to have another since Paige was so easy, but no thank you we are good with our two beautiful little girls.
It is funny to see how similar yet different the girls are. I remember trying to get Claire out of the crib before Paige came making her 22 months and she would not sleep she just cried for her crib. We put her back in her crib and tried again once she was 27 months and she still had a hard time, but we made it happen because we needed the crib for Paige. We were in no hurry to get Paige out of the crib because we didn't need it for anyone else, but she was ready! Before I went to bed last night I checked on both the girls like I do every night and when I first opened the door I panicked because I couldn't see her. I quickly realized it was just because she is so tiny in that big bed and had worked her way down under the covers. I called Cory in to see it and then pulled her back up onto her pillow. Here she is snug as a bug.

Doesn't she look so tiny laying there!

Here is the new bed and nightstand

New bedding which I love, but now I have to repaint her room because the bedding doesn't have any lavender in it, oh well!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, just like Claire's room. I like the lavender walls with the pink bedding. She looks so tiny in the big bed and it is wonderful that she has transitioned so well to everything. Trying to keep up with her big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this, live on WT and get a new bed week??? :) Love the bed, where did you find the bedding? Pottery barn? so cute. Yes, the 2nd ones really want to grow up fast to be just like their big siblings:) Have fun at Claire's recital tonight, B's is monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute...and I love all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the furniture and the bedding. so cute.. I am definiely going to be noticing big changes in Paige this time. She does look so little in the big bed.

    ReplyDelete