Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Now I Know

I tried to think of something creative to blog about since it is April Fool's Day, but nothing came to mind, I did however, have a little bit of a revelation today. I have figured out why my house is such a mess and why I never clean it. Ready..... I have two children under the age of 4............... My morning started out at five til eight with Paige calling "I have to go potty", so I jumped up to get her to the potty and keep her quite so she wouldn't wake Claire. After Claire was up around 8:20am or so I started to clean up every one's room. I started in Claire's by making the bed, putting away clean laundry and just picking up the mess that was on her floor. I then made my way to Paige's room and did the same minus making the bed. I looked at the time and saw that it was 9:15am, I thought there is no way that it is only 9:15 it feels like I have been up forever! This should have been a hint as to how my day was going to proceed. After Paige's room I went to mine, made the bed got dressed and then told Claire to get dressed as we had some errands to run. I was home from my errands by 11:30am and decided to clean/vacuum/Windex out my van. Man was it dirty in there, looks so much better now. By the time I got to getting lunch ready for the girls I was exhausted and didn't want to lift another finger, even if it was just to hit some buttons on the microwave, so lucky for them we headed to the golden arches. After we ate I had a little bit of my energy back so I decided to start picking up/vacuuming/wiping down the house. Coming to by revelation of why I don't clean. The whole time I was trying to clean one of the girls was either in my way or they were behind me making a mess of what I just cleaned up, talk about FRUSTRATING!!! Same with while I was cleaning out my car, they kept wanting to climb in and play with their DIRTY feet. I had to keep telling them to stay out of the van and re vacuuming what I had just done.

Oh well at least Paige is doing GREAT with potty training, we are on day 3 of NO accidents! Even yesterday afternoon when I went to work and the girls stayed with our sitter I was nervous that she might have an accident, but she didn't, all was well when I got home. I did feel really bad earlier today though, she had to go potty so she went into the bathroom and sat on her potty and went, with her pants and underwear still up. She was all excited that she had go tinkle on the potty (by herself without telling me she had to go) not understanding why her pants and socks were all wet. Bless her heart I tried to explain to her that she has to pull her pants and underwear down before she sits, we will see what happens in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days when I didn't think it was worthing cleaning either. Wow, Paige is doing so great. Too bad about her not understanding about pulling down her panties but she was still doing it so that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete