Friday, April 3, 2009

Someone pinch me please- wait don't!

** APRIL FOOL'S, I know it was a few days late, but I couldn't think of a good joke on the actual day this one came to me a few days late. Sorry to all of you who actually believed that George Clooney would go himself to Subway to get a sandwich and not just send an assistant. Hey, we all like to think that George is this wonderful guy who would actually go to Subway himself and maybe he does, but I did not see him at the Subway downtown. I really have to apologize to Lisa who is a TOTAL George FREAK, she got all excited and I could tell was really disappointed when I told her it was just a joke, sorry Lisa! Thanks to all of you out there who did believe that Claire and I were lucky enough to get an opportunity like that!

Yesterday the girls and I went downtown to have lunch with Cory. I packed lunch for the girls but stopped at Subway to get Cory and I the foot long sub for only $5 as I have been seeing advertised like crazy on t.v. Anyways, while we are waiting in line I see him, Mr. George Clooney himself just feet away from me. At first I told myself that there was no way that was the "real" George Clooney and to stop making side glances/stares at this person who resembles him without a doubt. Then I hear the young boy behind the counter say something to the lines as "I can't believe I just met George Clooney" and that is when it started to happen my heart began to race oh who am I kidding pound against my rib cage and I can feel my face start to flush with color. Claire must have noticed to as she asked "what is wrong with your face mommy it is all red?" As I ignore Claire's question and try to order my foot long I hear a males voice talking to Claire, asking her questions and saying how cute she is and look at those curls. That is when I realize that it is George Clooney who is having a conversation with my almost 4 year old!!! The conversation was soon over and I was in complete ahh of my daughter. As I was picking out the chips and filling the drinks I see George, I like to think I can call him that now that he has spoken to my daughter and the man and woman that he was with talking and looking our way. Then the woman came over and asked "I was wondering if you and your daughter would be interested in being extras in Mr. Clooney's up coming movie, "I realize that this is coming out of nowhere but we think she is absolutely adorable and need a mother and daughter to be in the park scene due to our original mother and daughter are no longer available to be in the scene." I turned to Claire and said what do you think Claire, want to be on t.v.? The George walked over and introduced himself to the 3 of us (Paige was there too of course), shook our hands, well gave Claire and Paige high fives and said "what do you think, want to be in my movie?" So of course I willing accept the offer and give my email address to his assistant who should be emailing me today with when, where and what to wear. Looks like we will be taping on Monday since they are just about to wrap up the movie taping here in good old STL. I will keep you all posted as I have to go take some deep breathes and slow my breathing/heartbeat, typing this entry has made me relive the experience of meeting George Clooney, whew, what a hottie!

4 comments:

  1. EXCUSE ME!!!???? We see eachother this am at dance, talk, and you say NOTHING about this???!!!!that is unbelievable!!! George Clooney hand picked the 2 of you!! People in LA probably try and try to get in a movie and you are out pickin up a footlong and get a PERSONAL invite from the STAR of the movie!! Wow, how exciting! This could be the start of a career for you both:) So now 2 of my neighbors are in the film!! We'll have to change the name of out subdivision to Beverly hills lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS AWESOME!!! How fun for both of you. Hopefully it's a good experience for Claire. Wow. So cool. Tell George I said Hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut the F up. For real! You better take your own camera and get some shots to post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, looks like you fooled a few people! I switched my boys cereal and I set the clocks forward one hour to freak out my husband when his internal clock woke him up at 6 and the clock said 7. I don't have much of an imagination these days

    ReplyDelete