Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Rundown!

First I would like to say a late Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there, I hope that you all had as great of a weekend as I did.
Saturday morning I did not get out of bed until 10am, yes you read correctly 10, Cory got up with the girls and let me sleep in. Once I got my lazy butt out of bed I headed downstairs to start some laundry and found everyone making me Mother's Day cards, very cute. We then headed outside and played for about an hour and then came in and had lunch. After lunch Paige went down for her nap while Cory and Claire got ready to make blueberry muffins for brunch on Sunday morning. While they were busy in the kitchen I hit the road to go shopping, ALL BY MYSELF, it was AWESOME. I went to 4 different stores and was gone for about 3 hours. When I got home a little after 4pm everyone got ready and we went out as a family to do a few more errands and then get dinner. It was such a pretty night here that after dinner we went outside and sat on the bench and watched the girls play and had some beers, ahh!

Cory let me sleep in again on Sunday til my alarm clock went off at 9am. I got up took a shower and got ready to head into Crestwood for brunch at my brother and sister in laws. We tried to get a few family pics in the front yard using the timer on our camera, but I don't think we got any good ones. Here are the only two that came out kind of okay.


While we were at Ryan and Lauren's we attempted to get another family pic hoping with the family there we would not only get the girls to look at the camera but smile too. Again not really any luck here are the only two that were decent.

Claire decided that she was DONE by this point but Paige was a trooper!


We got back home a little after 1:30pm and had BOTH the girls take naps. That was a nice surprise and gave me about an hour and a half to get the appetizer ready to take over to my mom and dads for dinner. We left for mom and dads a little before 4pm SO we could go meet the Newest Family Member..... Daisy! She is a miniture schnauzer and her coloring is what they call black and silver. OMG she is such a cute puppy, my sister and brother in law got her on Saturday and she is their families first dog! She gave me a kiss on my nose and I smelled her puppy breath, I love that smell!!






Paige, Adam (acting silly), Lauren and Claire with Daisy!


We then headed over to mom and dads for dinner and had a really nice time talking and laughing with each other. My mom and dad have been updating their house lately with new furniture for the family room and finishing the basement, so with all this ALOT of old family pictures have resurfaced. I don't know who had more fun Amy and I laughing at each others old pictures or our husbands looking at the old photos of us. I will have to figure out a way to get my hands on a scanner and I will scan some (of the good ones only of course)onto a post. My mom also had a nice surprise for the girls when we arrived.


We also had to make our way around back to see the horses and give them some alfalfa cubes. I will not be surprised if Paige is a veternarian when she grows up she LOVES all animals from small being cats to large being horses, she takes after her mom for sure on this one. Here is a picture of my horse Rex and his brother Dustin we have had them since they were 5 years old and they are now 22.


The pictures didn't turn out very good as I had to take them on a wierd angle through a fence and Rex would get spooked everytime the flash went off, some things never change even with age he has always looked for a reason to act crazy.

One last round on trying to get a good family picture. Me and Claire

Both the girls and I

Of course we finally get a good one and it is BLURRY!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice newsy blog and the pictures are terrific. The puppy is absolutely adorable. I love the new pink jeep and how nice that both girls can fit in it. I think you had a super weekend, sleeping in til 10:00 and 9:00 a.m. What more can you ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Posts! That was a nice long, entertaining one, with lots of pics!! I thought all the girls matching outfits are cute!! Too bad I can't convince Chase to dress like Brooke:) Daisy is sooooo adoreable, oh my goodness!!! Sounds like you had a great mom day weekend!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend!! Loved reading about everything. Felt like I was there! Sounds like you a great Mother's Day. I thought all the pictures were great. The newest member of the family "Daisy" is so cute. Wow, love the pink jeep too. I am sure the girls love it too!!!

    ReplyDelete