You have always been such a curious one and so observant, I think you get the curiosity from me but definitely get the observant trait from your daddy. From the moment you opened your eyes and could some what see you were studying everyone and everything around you. Just look at how you are checking out your dad in this picture and you are not even 2 days old yet.
I remember bringing you home like it happened yesterday, walking into the house with you and your dad thinking this is just the beginning of our lives together, the start of our family.
I also had heard that the love that a mother feels for her child is undescribable and like nothing else you will feel in this world. About a week after we were home and getting settled into our routine I remember holding you and looking out our dining room window when I was overcome with this feeling of love that I had never experienced before. It was SO strong and that is when it hit me, this is the love that everyone has been talking about the love that only a mother can have for her child. It was in that single moment that I understood what everyone had been trying to describe and tell me about. One day you will have a child of your own and get to experience that feeling that is so strong and overpowering and one of the best feelings in the world.
Your first birthday was great we had the entire family including my cousins and their kids over for it. You could not walk independently yet but were crusing and able to get around to check out all the presents. You were happy throughout the entire party and went and saw everyone with a smile.
2 Years Old
We all went to the zoo as a family to celebrate your big day
Your first day of preschool you were so fearless. You always have been very sure of yourself and your surrondings. You walked right into the classroom gave me a big kiss and hug and were off checking out your new classroom.
3 Years Old- Off to the zoo again, but this year Grandma went with us!
4 Years Old
We didn't go to the zoo this year because you had your the rehersal for your dance recital. So you got to get all dressed up from head to toe and look even older than 4.
When your dad and I think about you here are some of the words that come to mind:
Caring- you are always aware of other peoples thougths and feelings and are such a WONDERFUL big sister, Paige looks up to you and loves you more and more everyday.
Curly- even though it took you almost two years to get hair, you now have a full head of beautiful curls, we can't go anywhere without someone commenting on them.
Loved- you are loved more than you could imagine.
Adventerous- you are always willing to try something new at least once. You get this from your daddy too, I may be be standing on the side lines scared to death, but you just go for it and then decide yourself if you want to do it again or not.
Intelligent- you are SO smart, your dad and I have known this from very early on and even your teachers have commentated that you are doing things that the other kids in your class that turned 4 back in September are doing with no problems at all.
Resilient- nothing keeps you down for long, you bounce right back stronger than ever.
Emotional- even though you act tough, you are a sensitive little girl on the inside.
These are just a few words to describe many of the things that your daddy and I love about you. We are so lucky to have you in our lives and can't imagine our world without you in it. Thank you for making me smile, laugh, and love more than I thought was ever possible. Happy Birthday our sweet Clairabell.
What a sweet post Julie. She will love to read it when she is older!! Have a fun party tonight!!
ReplyDeleteAnother blog that is so sweet that it makes me cry. You definitely have to print out the blogs for their birthdays so they will have them in writing when they get older and can appreciate the words. Of course, you will probably need to look back on the words when they reach their teen years and you will sometimes wish you could go back to the days when they were small and so innocent.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet. Happy Birthday, Claire! We were glad to celebrate your big day with you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! If you don't mind I'm going to add you to the list of favorites on my blog.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind at all. I usually just like to ask...some poeple are funny like that. I am having a better day thanks.
ReplyDelete