Monday, May 25, 2009

Eating my words!

For those readers out there that don't know Cory LOVES Jeep's and has always had one for as long as I have known him. Well he had one up until we had Claire and then I made him get rid of it because there was NO WAY that my baby was going to ride in that unsafe contraption that people call a car. Being the wonderful husband and father that he is he agreed to get rid of his Jeep Wrangler but wanted to stay in with the Jeep family and got a Jeep Cherokee instead which I was fine with. Well Cory keep his Cherokee up until we had Paige and once I became a stay at home mom and got my mini van. We both agreed that he would no longer need to take the girls anywhere in his car since I would be home full time and taking them where ever we needed to go in my van. So he sold the Cherokee and immediately went back out and found himself a black Jeep Wrangler. I was still never going to allow my girls to ride in the jeep because I still do not think they are very safe and the idea of letting them ride in it scared me to death, that was until this past weekend. I don't know what came over me, was it the fact that Claire is in a booster seat now and it is easy to move her car seat back and forth between the two cars and the only one that would really be a little bit of a pain would be Paige's, or was it the fact that the weather was absolutely beautiful here and I wanted to enjoy a ride in the jeep WITH THE TOP OFF (ahhhh) with my whole family? Regardless I ate my words and on Friday night we all went out and drove around town and ran some errands and enjoyed the beautiful evening. You all should have seen the look on Cory's face when I said let's take your car to run the errands tonight? I am sure he thought that someone had come and abducted his wife and replaced her with a new and less paranoid one. We had a GREAT time and the girls LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!! Now we did NOT go on the highway and that will NEVER happen, I truly think that is why I was so calm about the whole situation. Here are a few pictures of the girls all ready to go!


2 comments:

  1. Well, I GUESS I will comment on your blog again, even though, HELLO where have you been on mine?:) Anyway, LOVE a jeep too. My girlfriends and I seriously considered pooling our money and buying one to share (we were 17, what do you expect). Then we smartened up and realized we would be fightin over it all the time. Anyway, glad you let the girls ride in it. Mike and I always have a jeep purchase for our 2nd car in the backs of our minds. I love being out in the OPEN. I bet the girls did too!! You will have a lot of fun times this summer in it!! Hope you had a great wkend with your friends and family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - I actually saw you guys drive by the other night and thought it looked like a fun family thing. Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete