Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gowns, Crowns and Jewels Too!

Today was Claire's 4th birthday party with all her girlfriends from school. We ended up having 8 four year old girls and let me tell you what that was definitely enough. Claire wanted to have a Sleeping Beauty theme party, so my hunt immediately began because as any mom out there that has a daughter that is or was at one time into princesses you know that you can't find just Sleeping Beauty by herself. I jumped onto EBay and found plates, cups, napkins and cupcake toppers which was wonderful. Claire also wanted to have the party at our house, so I had to think of things to do to keep 8 four year olds busy for 2 hours. So what did I do, I headed to Hobby Lobby to get ideas because I am not one of those creative/crafty moms. What we ended up doing was decorating flip flops, every girl had a different color and we decorated them with foam stickers. This was a HUGE hit all the girls LOVE flip flops and were SO excited to be able to decorate and then take them home. Next, I got some alphabet beads with letters on them so the girls could make a bracelet with their name on it and also had solid pink and purple beads to use as accents. Lastly, I got a bucket of all multi-colored beads and some necklaces so the girls were able to string their own necklace with as many or as few beads as they wanted. I also had lunch and did dessert which was cupcakes, all of this was just the right amount of things to keep the girls busy for 2 hours. Man, I don't know about all of them but I am TIRED!! I also want to say a VERY BIG THANK YOU to my friend/neighbor Carol, whew I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help!! Here are some pictures of the party enjoy!!

Sleeping Beauty waiting for her friends to arrive!

Claire with her Sleeping Beauty balloon which I also ordered on EBay.

How I envisioned the flip flops to turn out.

A few of the princesses working on their flip flops!

How the bracelets turned out, I made one as an example and they turned out much closer to mine than the flip flops did.

Everybody outside for a group shot, oops we are missing Paige!

Lunch time, here are some fruit kabobs.

Turkey and cheese sandwiches cut into heart shapes with the crust off for heir majesty

Working on their necklaces.

All ready to be sung to with her cupcakes close by.

Blowing out the candles, take a deep breath you have four this year.

After the party, Claire showing you her necklace.

4 comments:

  1. You really put a lot of hard work into that party Julie, and the girls really had a great time! All the crafts were so well organized and fun!! I am sure you are glad it is over though!!! Just think, you get to do it all over on Saturday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressive. All the girls looked so cute in their dresses. You certainly went all out and I can totally understand why you were TIRED after it was over. That is a lot of 4 year olds for 2 hours of entertaining. This party will be hard to top. Thankgoodness for friends like Carol who was so kind to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very fun and very sweet party. Tia had a blast. Thanks for inviting her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why weren't you all at dance??? Everyone healthy over there??

    ReplyDelete