Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a Morning!

Today started off as a usual Tuesday morning and then took a turn! I don't know if it is the time change or if my girls are just tired but, they have been sleeping in until 8:15 or 8:30am for the last couple of days and it is wonderful!! This morning however, we had to rush a little more than I like to in the mornings seeing as how I finally decided I needed to wake them up at 8:30am because we needed to be out the door in 25 minutes to get Claire to school. Today was a fun day at school not only because it was class pictures but because Claire had the "happy sac". The happy sac is a blue bag that rotates around the classroom throughout the year and all the kids get several turns bringing whatever they want to school in it. During circle time whoever has the happy sac gets to sit up front and let all their friends ask questions trying to figure out what was brought. Right before we were to walk out the door I remembered that it was Claire's day and told her she needed to pick something to bring, we quickly grabbed one of her stuffed animals and headed out to the garage. I got Paige strapped in (Claire can strap herself now, thank the lord) and got myself in, went to start the car and..............nothing! You have to be kidding me my battery was DEAD!!

I quickly grabbed my phone and called my sister hoping that she can help me out and get Claire to school. On any other day I won't have been so frantic to get Claire to school, but as I already mentioned it was picture day and she had the happy sac. The happy sac is one of the first things they do once they get to school, so I knew they would be waiting for us! After I got a hold of Amy and she was on her way, I called my dad to see if he could come jump my car. Once Amy arrived she stayed at my house with Paige (she said she was not planning on being "seen" today therefore had not showered) while I ran Claire to school. Mind you that as I am getting in her car and she is handing me her keys she tells me "the gas light is on but I should be okay!" Now for anyone who knows me I panic the entire time I have to drive with the gas light on, however, I did not have time to stop and put gas in her car. While I was driving Claire to school I just kept thinking "if you are going to run out of gas at least wait until I have dropped Claire off and am on my way back home." We arrived just in time, all the kids were in the circle ready for the "happy sac".

I got back into the car and headed home wondering just how much gas I had left. As most of us know a lot of cars today have the DTE button that tells you how many miles you have left or otherwise known as Destination to Empty. Kelli, I know in one of your blogs a few months back you said that you wondered just how accurate those gages are and if they will tell you the correct amount of miles until empty. Well I can tell you that they are not correct! I decided to be brave and hit the DTE button and to my surprise it said 0!! I was happy to see that the car was still going along and that I was able to make it home, now I know what happens when the DTE shows 0 because I never would have had the nerve to try this out had I had the opportunity to in my car.

As I pulled into my driveway there was my dad ready to save the day. After a few tries my car started right up and we were good to go. Wow, what a way to start your day and for those of you wondering what happened to cause the battery to die, well let's just say double check that all your car doors are closed before turning in for the night. :)

**One more thing, as you will see on the upper left hand side of my blog page there is a new box that says "If you follow my blog, let me know". Maybe you read my blog often but don't leave comments or maybe you are one of those AWESOME people who are regulars and DO leave comments. Either way please click in the box on the button that says "Follow" it is so easy and at least I know who is visiting my blog even if you aren't commenting!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, Julie, what a morning you had. I would have had to stop for gas after dropping off Claire as I would panic too much. I am so happy you made it there and back without running out of gas. I am glad your sister and dad were available to help you and that Claire made it to school with her "happy sac". I hope the rest of your day goes more smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I hate those kinds of days!
    Hey...I LOVE your blog family pic...it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becke' that was taken last May for Claire's 3 year and Paige's 1 year pics! Paige was at that point where she was having SEVERE stranger axiety and only wanted mommy. Gotta love her facial expression, everyone else is so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.. what a way to start the day.. Thank goodness everything turned out okay.. Never heard of the "happy sac" before.. What a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete